Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 855
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Moshes Fantasy Stuff  (Read 5423 times)

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
Re: Moshes Fantasy Stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »
Thank you gentlemen for your comments and suggestions, I am really surprised and happy to have such amount of ideas and feedback.

In regards of the colour, this is a deliberate choice (Iīm sorry DeafNala). I want these guys to be the baddies of the story, drak, grim and elegant. Of course their adversaries will run the gamut of colorings, but I must admit that I tend to gravitate towards gritty, dull tones.

Iīll leave you with a couple of examples of how I like to do things.

But, believe me, I am flattered by all that feedback you gave me, and equally open to all of your comments.  :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 08:58:13 PM »
I'm glad you weren't offended. In the end the only one you have to please is yourself; you are the one that will see them most often.
SPLENDID WORK on the more colorful Fellows!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 04:17:50 PM »
Hello, gentlemen!

Today I bring you my latest ...thing I made. I have never done two versions of the same character, but now I need a leader for the other blokes you have seen. As in my setting it would be a crue of pirates, the minis in the warband only wear heavy plate on land, for obvious reasons, so I decided to do two renditions of the yet nameless leader. One is in full attire, with backbanner and guns, the other, a more diplomatic and explorer-like gear. As such, I have a civilian to guard in his interactions with locals by the two plated buddies, or a fearsome leader for a coastal raiding party.

Hope you like them!

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 11:07:15 AM »
Hi, folks, old Moe here!

Today I show you my very particular rendition of something akin to the Nightīs Watch, who will serve as mooks for the rest of the army. I plan to do two more 25 strong units, so I can reach the goal of 500 infantry minis, and then move on to another way.

I have lowered the standards a bit with these chaps, with no highlights, simple conversions and a very, very limited set of colours (although only one area in each miniature is actually painted in black). Moreover, they are the first unit in a batch of 75 minis I am working on, something very excruciating to work in bulk...

Well, enough rambling. I hope you like them.

Cheers.

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 11:09:23 AM »
And another pic...

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
Re: Moshes Fantasy Stuff (weekly output 21AUG16)
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 09:06:52 AM »
Hi, gents!

Just showing my weekly output. Now my holidays are over, and I decided for this week to try to finish one mini each day, so the focus now is on speed painting and cheap, easy conversions.

Hope you like them.

Moe.

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 01:27:27 PM »
I love your kitbashing skills. Very good eye.
The last ones all ranked up made me laugh...... are the gobbo and dwarf intentionally kept apart to stop them fighting each other?   lol

Regards
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
I love your kitbashing skills. Very good eye.
The last ones all ranked up made me laugh...... are the gobbo and dwarf intentionally kept apart to stop them fighting each other?   lol

Regards
PM

Thank you, Pappa Midnight!

As you mention, it was totally unintentional, as I ranked them by height, but after reading your comment, maybe I was trying to prevent a brawl even without knowing it.

Anyway, there are no method in this madness. Total randomness, going to bed not knowing what mini I will be painting next day, or how I will convert them.

:D

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 09:57:09 PM »
Some really nice original conversions you've got there! They strike a good balance of looking fantastical, yet still believable.
Adventures? Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 01:42:29 PM »
Hah, the stumpy bloke on the horse is pure gold. Keep it coming! :--)
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 08:59:47 AM »
Hi folks!

Hah, the stumpy bloke on the horse is pure gold. Keep it coming! :--)

Thank you, Schrumpfkopf, this is exactly what I am going to do...  lol

Some really nice original conversions you've got there! They strike a good balance of looking fantastical, yet still believable.

Much appreciated, Globlin. My goal is pretty much as you said, to get the most realistic fantasy minis, or at least try to do it. This is why I chopped off enormous weapons, rework the proportions of the minis, use dull colours, three days beards and general un-glamour to them. I like them as such, and it implies certain challenge to me, which in turn keep me motivated. You know, red era minis can be very rewarding when you make them (at least) credible.

Well, letīs move on.

Time to do a weekly update. As the previous post, I have been painting one mini per day, more or less, so I have finished the week with this bacht of models. I continued to do easy conversions and quick paintjobs, but in this occasion i went celtic, and tried to do some tartan, just for fun. As the models will end all cramped up in messy, big units, I care not too much  for individual look, but I tried my best to make every mini unique in its way.

I hope you like them!

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 09:02:16 AM »
And more pics, with a group shot.

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 09:33:36 AM »
Hi, folks!

Just another update with my recently painted byzantinesque minis.

Hope you enjoy it.

;)

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 12:55:07 PM »
Loving these mash ups! :)  8)

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 08:20:48 AM »
Loving these mash ups! :)  8)

Thank you, warburton!

Having completed the last four minis, I think it is high time to show you a group shot of the whole "unit". Honestly, I donīt believe in fixed units, but I tend to work in batches up to 25 models, just for the convenience of they forming perfect square groups. So, when I finish one of those batches, I move on to another thing, whatever inspiration takes me.

Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers!