Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690716
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley Campaign Deck -- Tomb of the Serpent  (Read 2308 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Pulp Alley Campaign Deck -- Tomb of the Serpent
« on: August 05, 2016, 08:59:40 PM »
We are hoping to have our Pulp Alley: Tomb of the Serpent campaign book and deck ready to release in early October. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, here's a sneak peek of the Campaign Deck...

HAVE FUN

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Pulp Alley Campaign Deck -- Tomb of the Serpent
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:51:32 AM »
Dave,
          What do you think about mixing in some Horror Deck cards with the Solo Deck.  Is it even possible?

Nick

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »
What do you think about mixing in some Horror Deck cards with the Solo Deck.  Is it even possible?

The Horror Deck and Solo Deck are designed to be used together - but not shuffled together.

There's plenty of unexpected events that will occur with using the Solo Deck.  ;)

Anyhoo, you could certainly try sticking some Horror cards in the Solo Deck. Maybe have the character roll a Horror check when the card is revealed. Might be a fun twist. Let us know how it goes.

HAVE FUN

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 07:37:14 PM »
Dave,
          Okay, I think I am a bit confused.  So when exactly is the Horror Deck used?  The rules you folks provided for download don't really go into specifics.
                                                              Nick

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 08:20:53 PM »
Okay, I think I am a bit confused.  So when exactly is the Horror Deck used?  The rules you folks provided for download don't really go into specifics.

When is the Horror Deck used? The Horror Deck is used in any scenario that includes horrific characters or horrific encounters.

Normally, this is something you simply choose ahead of time. For example, if I was playing the Lost Keys scenario from the basic book. I could choose to make some of the characters on opposing side "horrific" simply because the figures look like monsters. And I might even make a couple plot points "horrific" to represent grisly murder scenes.

There is no rule controlling when you can do this. But we provide some different suggestions on the download, under the "Horrific Characters" section.

How do I know what is horrific? Before the start of the scenario, you simply decide who/what is going to be horrific. Use your own judgment. Note, in the Tomb of the Serpent campaign, we identify the horrific characters and encounters for you.

I hope that helps. I don't mean to be vague, but a lot of it is really up to you to decide when you want to add a bit of horror to a scenario.  ;)

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 09:41:27 PM »
We just played a scenario in which all the plot points were guarded by terrifying ghosts, requiring a Horror Check whenever a character tried to score a plot point.

You can read Whomever1's AAR here: http://imgur.com/gallery/RJTzO
We had approximately equal numbers of characters running around screaming and standing firm with steely resolve.
 ;)
rags