Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:31:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690900
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: XTRAIDOS: crowdfunding via IGG for supers minis  (Read 1838 times)

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
XTRAIDOS: crowdfunding via IGG for supers minis
« on: August 09, 2016, 07:32:50 PM »
Link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/xtraidos-yin-yang-assassins/x/1671395#/

A crowdfunding campaign has been launched on IndieGoGo to cast in metal some additional figures for Xtraidos, a superheroic skirmish game.

The game background is based on the Sentinel Studios and Ayatolah Games roleplaying game, and the rules of the skirmish game on 1650, A Capa & Espada, from Tercio Creativo.
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: XTRAIDOS: crowdfunding via IGG for supers minis
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 07:47:19 PM »
Very nice looking but not cheap.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »
Very nice looking but not cheap.

I am only a backer and not the creator, but I think 8 very nicely sculpted minis for 45 euros is pretty reasonable, but mileage would clearly vary.

:)

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 08:07:50 PM »
Yeah, these are looking gorgeous, and that pricing isn't out of line, imho.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »
Yeah, these are looking gorgeous, and that pricing isn't out of line, imho.

I said not cheap, didn't say expensive. Assuming casting is top notch these would be worth the price if they really strike your fancy I agree.

I would love to get my hands on Sentaiman for sure, problem is he is a goal reward only model right now. Ah well.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:50:53 PM by YPU »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 12:03:09 AM »
Those are some pretty impressive sculpts, assuming the final castings retain the preproduction quality level.  Not quite as cheap as Superfigs (assuming an Old Glory Army membership) but they look to be a good value to me.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 12:33:12 PM »
The minis are more restrained than the Joe Mad-ish art. I'm impressed!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 04:12:59 PM »
Particularlly fond of that Man-Ant green.  Just the thing to go partner with Glock Roach from the Superfigs range, and maybe a Shadowrun Wasp Spirit or two.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 03:03:18 AM »
A few small words, some positive a few negative.

So this project is by Sergio, one of the two fellows behind Tercio Creativo. Tercio ran two kickstarters for their game. The first one went beautifully, all sculpting was done already and shipped on time. The second one was a complete disaster. The caster walked away from the project but didn't straight up say so, so they wasted a year and a half cajoling him and listening to lies and prevarications and then passing these along to the backers. During this time communications with backers was abysmal, with little information and intervals of many weeks without news or progress or anything to indicate they hadn't just walked away from the mess.

Eventually they wheedled a little bit of work out of the original caster, but when it became clear he wasn't going to do much of it let alone all of it, they finally broke down and got a new caster, (incidentally, this new caster is the one who is working with Sergio for this Xtraidos project, so they are good-to-go there) and the project was finally casted and shipped. They are still shipping some of the packages now but everyone will get everything (I have received my shipment. It is missing a single minor figure, but that was a figure missing from the production run due to a casting error, so everyone is owed this figure who got it).

The Tercio figures themselves are stunningly beautiful and I love the sculpting style. It's very much in line with the more fluid, animated sculptural style of Hell Dorado, only perhaps a hair more stylized. Since Sergio is the sculptor you can be assured that the new figures will be as good.

Now, I have also bought a couple of the existing Xtraidos figures and they are both quite large and very lovely. The elf fellow with the pointing finger is no less than 39mm from the base of his feet to the tip of his hair. This works for me, as I am using larger figures for the project I got him for, but just be warned that they won't blend at all with 28mm, unless you specifically want or don't mind them being bigger fellows.

So a bit of a warning and a bit of an endorsement.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.