Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AGNM and Canadian postal service situation  (Read 776 times)

Offline andygamer

• Lurker
AGNM and Canadian postal service situation
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:54:04 AM »
Hello folks,
Army Group North Miniatures (also known as AGNM and AGN) has decided to suspend mail order service temporarily due to labour problems at Canada Post, Canada's national postal service.

While mediators are at work and the union has sounded conciliatory regarding maintaining service, there is a warning of a work slowdown in effect (e.g. no overtime worked; and more or less working to rule) and while even these actions are only going to be used on a rotating local basis to start and not (for now) applied nationally, under these circumstances I don't feel comfortable in filling mail orders not knowing if they will be affected by any slowdown or eventual full labour strike or management lockout.

While not wanting to go into details of the dispute here, the main stumbling blocks in negotiations aren't over straightforward pay or benefits considerations, so a slowdown during negotiations might go on for some time; and early government intervention would be unlikely short of an actual walkout or lockout.

So due to this uncertainty, I'm temporarily suspending postal mail order service until the labour situation is fully resolved.

If you would still like to "pre-order" online (in a manner of speaking) and do not mind the wait until a return to full service, that's fine.

Or if there are any items you're keen to have in a rush (for an upcoming convention for example), then I don't mind arranging a private courier service for delivery if you're willing to pay for the difference between the courier's cost and the usual 10-15% postage usually charged. I will send you a separate PayPal "money request" for the difference in such cases. Just contact me at the info@ email address and I'll keep an eye out for your order.

Thank you for your understanding in this situation,
Andrew at AGNM