Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:44:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 7TV Low budget Production (without green screen)  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
7TV Low budget Production (without green screen)
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »
Was recently searching for a pirate rule, found 7th Voyage, the pound was low and the postman  bring me a box of 7TV 2nd edition.

Long forgotten memories came to my mind: spies french  movies (navets in french) from the 70's such as "Le Grand Blond avec une Chaussure Noire", "Les Barbouzes" or "Le Magnifique" featuring the young and beautiful Jacqueline Bisset.

I had some fantasy scenery (for 15mm) but nothing for a more actual setup in 28mm. I will be using funny things like garden hose, empty printer's cartdridges, pieces coming from computer motherboard etc. And not painted. I am lazy.
The main scenery is the TV set designer, to glue on foamcore, but difficult to find and expensive. My previous work with foamcore resulted in heavy warping after a few month of usage. The 7TV studio wall are printed in plastic, modular and don't warp. The studio is actually producing ......

The stage in construction:

The first walls were printed in white and have to be painted, and then printed with grey plastic and not painted (I'm really lazy).

I made a quick solo test of the rules without following the ratings, and it was fun. I'm stung by the zika virus of KissKiss BangBang.

Best regards

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
Re: 7TV Low budget Production (without green screen)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »
Very cool - I'm looking forwards to a Gallic spin on my favourite game :-)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 02:09:46 AM »
Show us more!
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »
Show us more!

For your eyes only  o_o

The ONE's chemical plant. ONE stand for "Overly Nefarious Evil" and is the big villain. The activities of the ONE are always sabotaged by the operative's agency ICY (I See You).

The following picture is taken from a ...    ::) helicopter...   and show you the complete film stage.

Due to it's sheer violence, this TV production has been rated for an adult audience and will be on screen at night.
Be sure you have a Martini cocktail in hand.
A small teaser:

Cheers

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
7TV: One Shot Twice, Act One
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 07:48:03 PM »
Tonight show: a solo 7TV game with three parties - the good, the bad and the ugly. The good (ICY, I See You) and the bad (ONE, Overly Nefarious Evil) are the heroic and villainous cast, but the ugly (KGB, Kannot Go Back) are a third party of trouble agents that can be played by both casts at the cost of two plot points per activation. The scientists obey to those who are in base contact and are activated with two plot points too.

Intro Music!!! (Main song from the game "No One Lives Forever")  :D

Somewhere near London, august 1969.

The O.N.E. (Overly Nefarious Evil) bought a chemical plant, their horrible project is to destroy the English spirit by replacing the Five o’clock tea by a toxic beverage made with bubbles and sugar: the Caco Cola.  A O.N.E’s success would be the end of Britannia, the crows would flee from the Tower of London, and the Kingdom fall into diabetes and obesity. The I.C.Y. (I See You) send their best Operative, Tall Blond, to stop the mephitic work of the O.N.E. But it’s a complex affair, KGB agents are already in the factory for an unknown reason.

The mission:

• find the computer’s perforated cards
  • find and interrogate the scientists
  • terminate the factory administrator

While the ICY's extra helped by a tough detective search the factory park, Tall Blond (with a black shoe) rush to the entrance, immediately welcomed by gunshots.

The ICY forces come quickly to the rescue and cover the flamboyant agent, who climb the factory wall.

Mr. Big was inspecting his factory, and his bodyguard won't let the ICY enter so easily
It’s a cold shower of hot lead given by the ICY, the bodyguards fall as Mr. Big flee.

The sound of the shoot-out come to the administrator’s ear, he must protect the Caco-Cola secret recipe. Erasing the computer is not possible: no floppy disks but only perforated cards. The Admin had the idea to eat the cards or burn them, but his shaking hands don’t let him grab the card from the slot. He should have maybe equip a gas mask? (little game, can you spot the non-tabletop scenery?)

While the ICY slowly clean the first room, Blond pass a mind test to retrieve a card from a control machine. Suspens. Success.

End of Act One.

And now a page of publicity: a shameless blog with Act Two and Finale https://teardropworlds.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/o-n-e-shot-twice/

Best regards, and good evening

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 01:42:58 PM »
What a fantastic and inspiring set!  :o

All the little details you have incorporated make it just amazing. Well done.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 03:38:00 PM »
Great looking game! I like your use of the garden hose adaptors & printer cartridges, they make excellent mad science tech.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 04:36:31 PM »
Great game, I really enjoyed your report here and on your blog. Lovely scenery in the base, love the printer cartridges!

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »
Thank you

For those who don't like blogs, a few excerpts of the Act Two.

KGB Ninjas in action activated by the ONE, but defeated before showing their skills

A deadly shoot-out, the ICY men's melts like snow under the sun.

Tall Blond obtain the voluntary cooperation of a scientist, an extra take down a KGB agent immobilized by the seducing charisma of Tall Blond

...who escape after retrieving the perforated card.... and end of Act Two at this precise time.

The Act and Finale Cards are really well timed!

Cheers

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 08:32:10 PM »
Excellent lovely looking setup. Looking forward to seeing and reading more!  ;)

Offline Big Martin Back

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 08:07:14 AM »
Great stuff.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?