Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689620
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Dweorg Space Dwarfs  (Read 2455 times)

Offline ZMM

• Student
    • Gydran Miniatures Studio
[KICKSTARTER] Dweorg Space Dwarfs
« on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
Hey everyone,

Been away for a while and back again but this time bringing along with me my first Kickstarter campaign. It's essentially Space Dwarfs but comes from a science fiction universe i've been creating since i was 11 years old. That's a long long time. In the last few years I've been working on bringing the universe to life in various forms and this includes the Kickstarter which is for gaming miniatures of the short stuntie variety. Over the last four years they've been developed from the original more aether adventuring steampunk-esque characters into a more Sci-fi design. There have been some releases which can be found on the website at www.gydran.com, but the Kickstarter campaign is over at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gidranminiatures/science-fiction-space-dwarfs-dweorg if you're interested. I've put some of the images from the campaign below and if you have any thoughts or suggestions i'm always open to hear them. Also if you want to share the Kickstarter link i would appreciate the help in making the campaign a success.

John

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:27:22 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Dweorg
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:54:49 PM »
I don't much do Dwarves but they look awfully cool.  You may want to edit your title to "Dweorg: Space Dwarves (Commercial - Kickstarter)" to draw a bit more attention
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline ZMM

• Student
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Dweorg Space Dwarfs
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 06:41:18 PM »
Looks like the moderator beat me to it, but thanks for the suggestion! Thanks for the feedback too! :)

Offline ZMM

• Student
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »
We have some more pictures of some of our finished sculpts up and online in the updates section of the campiagn, but just incase here they are!

We are now finishing off the Troll Hunter Support and Sona miniatures and will have more updates as we go along.

John

p.s. you can find the campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gidranminiatures/science-fiction-space-dwarfs-dweorg

Offline ZMM

• Student
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 06:47:49 PM »
Hey guys,

Today we have another update on the progress of the Kickstarter campaign sculpts. The Troll Hunter Heavy Support miniature is on its way to being complete. We decided to add some extra weapons to the miniature with the option to have a missile launcher on the shoulder and a choice between it with a dual heavy laser or lite rail canon. We have also been tidying up the Sona De Snatos miniature and finishing of her right arm with the wrench, which is currently drying on the sculpting queue. The two are from set 1 from the campaign and this will mean that once these two are finished we can move on the next set which will be set 4.

Enjoy these and let us know what you think. Don’t forget you can find the campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gidranminiatures/science-fiction-space-dwarfs-dweorg where you can see updates and everything that we’re offering in our campaign.

Offline Original Timmy

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 12:33:28 AM »
These are coming along nicely im glad ive backed, also todays sculpt update,

Offline Original Timmy

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 01:05:24 AM »
Sculpt updates.

Sona De Santos:

Troll Hunter front, back and helmet:

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 08:26:16 AM »
These are not bad.

I like the mechanical stuff and a lot of the sculpting is good. I like the way cast pieces are used to keep things uniform where they need to be but there are two areas that still need work; faces and attention to detail.

The faces look amateur and mostly like masks.

The hands on some have fingers of different widths that look wrong and there are places where the sculptor seems to have got bored and not finished.

I'm an amateur sculptor too and I struggle with faces sometimes but it's a case of get some practice in and have reference pix with you.

These are a good start but need a little more polish.

Offline ZMM

• Student
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just another update... It's been a bit quiet here due to some other things going on that have taken our attention from updating. We're back on things now and will continue updating daily on the sculpt progress. For now, enjoy these images.

Just incase you missed the link to the campaign, go and check it out here... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gidranminiatures/science-fiction-space-dwarfs-dweorg
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:30:24 PM by ZMM »