Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:27:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689477
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave or Dragon Rampant Cultists and Undead  (Read 3482 times)

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
Frostgrave or Dragon Rampant Cultists and Undead
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:01:04 PM »
I have been creating an 'evil' army for Frostgrave or Dragon Rampant. The human elements are mainly based around the Frostgrave Cultists set kit bashed with some Wargames Factory Persians I've had laying around for many months. The undead elements are mainly a mixture of Mantic Undead which I purchased as the Undead Encounters from Northstar for Frostgrave and Hero Quest Undead I've had laying around for many years.

The Humans

Thieves

These are Wargames Factory Persian bodies with heads from a Games Workshop Woodelf, a Frostgrave Cultist and a Persian, arms from the Frostgrave Soldiers set and various spares from my bits box and equipment from the Cultists and Soldier sets, Mantic Ghouls and spares from my bits box.

Thugs

These are Persian bodies with heads from the Cultists set and a Woodelf and arms from the Cultists set with some hand swaps.

Treasure Hunters

These are Persian, Cultist and Fireforge Foot Sergeants bodies with heads from the Cultists set and a Woodelf, arms and equipment from the Cultists set and my bits box.

Archers

These are Persian and Cultist bodies, with heads from the Cultists set and a Woodelf and arms from the Persian and Cultist sets.

Crossbowmen

These are Persian, Cultist and Foot Sergeant bodies with heads from the Cultist set, a soldier and a Woodelf and arms from the Cuktist, Soldiers and Foot Sergeant sets and some Games Workshop Darkelves.

Infantrymen

These are Persian, Cultist and Foot Sergeant bodies with Cultist and Woodelf heads, Cultist, Foot Sergeant, Perry WOTR and HTW arms, with some weapon swaps from my bits box and Cultist and Persian shields slung across their backs.

Men at Arms

These are Persian, Cultist and Foot Sergeant bodies with Cultist and Woodelf heads, Cultist and Foot Sergeant arms, and Cultist and Persian shields.

Templars

These are a Persian, a Wargames Factory Viking and Cultist bodies, with Darkelf heads, WOTR and HYW knight arms, equipment from the Cultists set and my bits box and Persian shields.

Knights

These are Cultist and Foot Sergeant bodies with Darkelf heads, Foot Sergeant and Darkelf arms with a weapon swap from my bits box, equipment from the Culists set and my bits box and Persian shields.

Knight musicians

These are a Cultist and a Viking body with Darkelf heads, Darkelf and HYW knight arms with hand swaps from my bits box, equipment from the Cultist set and my bits box and Persian shields.

Knights with Banners

These are a Cultist and a Persian body with Darkelf heads, Darkelf and WOTR arms, equipment from my bits box and Persian shields.

Knight Captains

These are Cultist bodies with a Dark Elf and a Soldier head, Darkelf and HYW arms, with a weapon swap from my bits box, equipment from the Cultist set and my bits box and Darkelf shields.

Apprentices

These are the Frostgrave Lich Apprentice and a Hero Quest wizard with a Darkelf head, staff head from my bits box and equipment from the Cultist set and my bits box.

Wizards

These are the Frostgrave Lich Wizard and Games Workshop Lord of the Rings Saruman.

The Undead

Zombies

These are a mixture of Hero Quest Zombies, Mantic Zombies bashed with Wargames Factory Celts (which helpfully come with separate legs and torsos) and bodies from my bits box with the zombie arms and heads from the Cultists set.

Ghouls

These are Mantic Ghouls kitbashed with Celts, with some zombie heads from the Cultists set.

Skeletons

These are a mixture of Hero Quest Skeletons, the Skeleton bursting from the ground from the Mantic Skeletons set and bodies from my bits box with the skeleton arms and heads from the Cultist set.

Armoured Skeletons

These are mainly Mantic Skeletons with two WOTR bodies with skeleton heads and arms from the Skeleton and Cultist sets.

Wraith Knights

These are Hero Quest Chaos Warriors with some weapon swaps from my bits box.

Wraiths

These are the Frostgrave Frost Wraith with Games Workshop Ringwraiths.

Vampire

This  is from an Unknown manufacturer which I got from a recent sprue exchange.

The Lich Lord

This is the Hero Quest Necromancer with equipment from the Cultists set and my bits box.

Now to get painting.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 11:12:46 PM by tyrionhalfman »

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
Re: Frostgrave or Dragon Rampant Cultists and Undead
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:22:57 AM »
Absolutly lovely minis!

I really like the way you have done those conversions, simple but effective, and the imaginative use of all sorts of kits and old minis. Looking forward to see them painted.

Congrats, mate!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 05:31:32 AM »
Wow, those persian bodies are great! Very versatile. I may need to get some.

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
Very nice kitbashing. God bless plastics!!!

Regards
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 09:50:50 PM »
Thank you all :)

Offline rfitchmc

• Student
    • Funistrada Painting and Conversion
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »
Very nice. I've never used any of the metal figures from Frostgrave. How do they compare with their plastics? You've used them together for conversions?

Offline Abbner Home

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »
Delightful!

Offline James Holloway

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
I think that vampire came from me -- he's a Ravenloft mini, which I believe means he was made by Ral Partha.

This project looks absolutely phenomenal. Very inspirational!

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 05:32:51 PM »
Wow! Such diverse kit bashes and a good looking bunch of adventuresome folks.
I should be painting right now.