Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:53:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BLACK SUN - 1947 (working title) FLUFF  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Not yet dead

• Librarian
    • Not Yet Dead Miniatures - Surviving the Zompoc in miniature
BLACK SUN - 1947 (working title) FLUFF
« on: August 21, 2016, 12:51:22 PM »
This will be my thread where I will post my fluff for my world of Weird War II  "BLACK SUN - 1947" is my working title for my game using 1/35 scale models/figures.

I am still writing/collecting alot of the information that I need for the fluff (which I find really important for any game) as my game/timeline/fluff will be a mix of
alot of stuff already created...DUST Tatics, Incursion, SOTR and the books from Osprey - Nazi Moonbase, The Nazi Occult and also alot of information you can find on the interwebz.
It will not be anything really new, just a mixing up of what I want/like.

I will start of with a image of the world as of 1947, the timeline will follow at a later date. It will be a mix of super-science and occult with super-soldiers, witches, vampires, werewolves, mecha/walkers, nazi-zombies, Rocket/jump troops, Evil doctors and their experiments....and the odd Alien as well (they will be hard to find in 1/35 scale).

Hitler still lives (either as a clone or his head/brain in a robot) still undecided
Russia and most of Asia has been destroyed by a wave of nuclear/Vril rockets, which was stopped straight away as the German High command realised that the energy released by these rockets was to great and caused more damage than was intended.

They also created monsters!! - More information to follow This is the reason that the Berlin Wall was built.

"Neuschabenland" is fully functional - and is the launch area for the "Moonbase"
Not Yet Dead Miniatures - Surviving the Zompoc in miniature... http://www.nyd-miniatures.com

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
Re: BLACK SUN - 1947 (working title) FLUFF
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:28:10 PM »
You might also want to have a read of the 'Acthung ! Cthuhlu' setting, one of the main factions in that is a Mythos focused Black Sun organisation, which is heavily into 'Occult' activities. The other neu-tech force, 'Nachtwolf' focuses on using the Occult discoveries and devices to produce technological innovations including Super Weapons, Bio/Genetic soldiers and advanced metals for vehicles, along with improved air power.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 01:49:40 PM »
Damn, this look cool! Following with interest and good luck with finding those aliens in 1/35.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
Go forward, please. Can't see how Spain and Brazil switched sides, though

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 05:07:26 PM »
Go forward, please. Can't see how Spain and Brazil switched sides, though

In 1938 there was a coup attempt in Brazil, by their version of the fascists, the Brazilian Integralist Action:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Integralism

Since this is Weird War, maybe they succeeded?

As for Spain, maybe they were invaded by the Allies? ;) Let's say that Hitler convinces Franco to side with him, Operation Felix goes ahead and then the Allies counterattack through Portugal and Galicia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Felix

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »
Aliens in 1/32 are a possible, but may not be in hard plastic.

There were a few different figures available, often in cheap bagged sets of aliens vs astronauts, in some cases with vehicles etc.

Haven't seen any for a while, but you might try Poundland etc also look at anywhere that does cheap plastic tat for birthday party bags, or possibly cake decorating shops (the ones that sell plastic decorations and candles to go on the top of cakes)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 10:09:39 PM »
Our grandson has some alien monster figures from the Ben 10 TV series so it might be worth having a look for these.

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »
There were some large alien versus predator figures about a year ago.

Also some of the Star Wars figures sets (Star Wars Command?) might have occasional aliens or at least droids

Offline Not yet dead

• Librarian
    • Not Yet Dead Miniatures - Surviving the Zompoc in miniature
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 07:38:39 AM »
@ Keeper Nilbog - Thanks for the pointer to that stuff, I will have a look :-)

@ Yuber Okami - With Spain and Brazil my thoughts were roughly inline with what Predatorpt said.

@ Predartorpt - thanks for the links to those items!

I will not be micro-managing every single country that has been taken over, that would bog down the time-line, and as itīs only for a game it doesnīt have to be broken down sofar, itīs not a history book :-)...but it should make sense overall.

Thanks for the tips about the Aliens, I will visit our €-stores and toy shops here locally....