Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686497
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: It was my SOTR project, now is the Konflikt '47 one!  (Read 32354 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: It was my SOTR project, now is the Konflikt '47 one!
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2016, 03:16:20 PM »
And I received my US starter today. After reading many accounts of problems with it, I rushed to open the Coyote Light Walker and behold...had the now "usual" problem - 2 left legs and 2 left arms:

Already sent an email to Warlord's CS, to see if they can help me (I bought it at Wayland).

In other news, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I got the Paragon Trooper that was supposed to be a Warlord exclusive (for when you bought the rulebook directly from them). Very nice cast!  :-*

The only problem that I can see is that he's a bit bigger than the plastic US infantry. But hey...he's a hero after all!

And I think that his rules can be used to create more super-soldiers:

http://www.warlordgames.com/slammer-samuels-united-states-paragon-trooper-rules/

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 05:04:37 PM »
O pointed out the size thing, apparently he is supposed to be bigger being 7 foot.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
Ert Muhreenz?!

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2016, 02:11:36 AM »
My Americans are mostly assembled, just need to take care of their bases and them paint them. My soldiers are a mix of Crusade Miniatures, Warlord plastics and Gothic Line GIs.

The Heavy Infantry, from Clockwork Goblins/Warlord Games:

The Sherman is a Rubicon one, with the Tesla turret from Clockwork Goblins. The fluff talks about the Tesla turret being mounted on a M4A3 but the model supplied in the starter is a Warlord's M4 (the only one they have in plastic). So I had to improvise and added a small plastic ring on the inside of the hull so the Tesla turret can fit the Rubicon tank:

Better pictures when I have more stuff ready!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2016, 03:54:20 PM »
Are you going to give that Sherman any work at all? Looking at them those Konflikt '47 turrets are a bit out of place on the existing hulls. I'd tart that thing up with extra armour on the hull (tesla cannons make you a bigger target).

What does the US Power Armour look like from the rear? I have the German set ...and to put it bluntly they're *heavily* inspired by Games Workshop Space Marines. :)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »
Are you going to give that Sherman any work at all? Looking at them those Konflikt '47 turrets are a bit out of place on the existing hulls. I'd tart that thing up with extra armour on the hull (tesla cannons make you a bigger target).

What does the US Power Armour look like from the rear? I have the German set ...and to put it bluntly they're *heavily* inspired by Games Workshop Space Marines. :)

As for the Sheman, right now I can't do anything else to it since I don't have the time, lol. Maybe when I get another one. But the turret is flush with the body of the tank - something that my poor photographic skills didn't capture. I was thinking about doing the logs/sandbags extra protection on it, but I read that in real-life that just ruined the suspension of the tank, putting more weight on it for little protection. So I'll have to plan something else.

I'll take some pictures of the Us power Armour - it looks clunky, but I don't find it similar to Space Marines. I'm still waiting on my German ones but I saw some nice conversions of it with Dreamforge parts. I'll have to dig the pictures when I get home.

Offline Cambra

• Assistant
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2016, 04:27:39 PM »
So much trouble just for you to see those americans burn in the table  :D

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2016, 08:47:05 PM »
So much trouble just for you to see those americans burn in the table  :D

I guess your Germans/Hungarians/Turks will be all equipped with assault rifles? :P

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2016, 08:51:32 PM »
Still haven't taken better pictures of the US Heavy Infantry, but I found the pictures of the conversions of the German ones with Dreamforge parts (heads, arms and weapons, except for one):

There's some pictures of them unpainted, but I can't find the topic right now.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2016, 11:55:42 PM »
While still plodding away at my K47 Americans, I'm also planning my Germans force. Couldn't wait for the Heer46 Maus, so I ordered a Blitzkrieg one.

But I'm also planning on doing some weird-war vehicles for them. I'll leave the Paper Panzers on the very capable hands of Ballardian, Wyrmalla and Queeg - my objective is to just create original stuff. A bit like these, lol: http://panzerpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Fake_Tanks

My first try will be 2 vehicles equipped with anti-tank missiles. One of them will be a simple conversion of this model from Rubicon:

The other will be a conversion of a Stug III, similar to this:

I'm using the Stug from Rubicon since the only Jagdpanzer IV available in 1/56 is a resin one and I don't want to mess with it.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »
What style of AT missile would you be going for, and on what mount? Actually, are there rules for those in the K47 book? I haven't looked, but I was considering picking that up for some of the more down to earth equipment advancements (if there are any in there).

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2016, 12:09:36 PM »
Unfortunately there aren't any rules for missiles, or any kind of "weird War" weapon other than the mechs/creatures made by Clockwork. That's one of the things missing from the K47 rules (that and the use of superheroes). I just hope that Warlord makes some more "advanced" tanks and they amend the rules. Or at least make vehicle creator rules.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2016, 12:54:38 PM »
Would Beyond the Gates of Antares have any rules perhaps?

I was hoping K47 would have rules for more grounded stuff, and was thinking of picking up the rules for just that. Indeed though, Warlord do seemingly have plans for "late" war stuff like Centurions, but those may appear as one offs. It'd be nice to see a proper expansion for that sort of thing, even if its just a .pdf.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2016, 06:04:13 PM »
Re: rockets, etc; Heer46 put this up on their Facebook page recently: :)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2016, 06:08:57 PM »
Yeah, I think this comes out at the end of September and the Maus in November? They are on my wishlist for Christmas  o_o