Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691256
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lost Patrol Report: Batman Vs The Weeping Angels  (Read 2201 times)

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
Lost Patrol Report: Batman Vs The Weeping Angels
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:21:56 PM »
For those interested I've posted up a BatRep using the new "Lost Patrol" rules by "Games Workshop". However rather than use Genestealers and Space Marine Scouts, we've gone with "DC Comics" Batman and Cyborg battling the Weeping Angels from "Doctor Who"  ;)

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/lost-patrol-report-batman-cyborg-verses.html

“The story so far… Poison Ivy has turned Robinson Park into a lethal jungle, packed full of carnivorous killer plants. Having successfully captured Pamela Isley and locked her up in Arkham Asylum, Batman has journeyed back to Gotham City’s wilderness in order to recover the eco-terrorist’s plant toxins and allow the vegetation to return to normality. Realising that he’d need help with this task, the Caped Crusader has enlisted aid from the Justice League of America and Gotham City Police Department. However, upon landing within the inhospitable bush, the Dark Knight and Cyborg have discovered that something has hidden Ivy’s vat of contaminants elsewhere, and the hunters have become the hunted in a game of cat and mouse where no-one dare blink…”

Painting & Gaming Blog: https://www.fantoricalwargaming.com/
Daily Super-hero Comic Review Blog: http://thebrownbagaeccb.blogspot.co.uk

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
Re: Lost Patrol Report: Batman Vs The Weeping Angels
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 05:40:46 PM »
For those interested I've posted up the concluding instalment to my BatRep using the new "Lost Patrol" rules by "Games Workshop". However rather than use Genestealers and Space Marine Scouts, we've gone with "DC Comics" Batman and Cyborg battling the Weeping Angels from "Doctor Who" :-)

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/lost-patrol-report-batman-cyborg-verses.html

“The story so far… Poison Ivy has turned Robinson Park into a lethal jungle, packed full of carnivorous killer plants. Having successfully apprehended her, Batman must now recover the eco-terrorist’s plant toxins and allow the vegetation to return to normality. However, despite the help of Cyborg and the Gotham City Police Department, the Dark Knight has failed to discover the whereabouts of Isley’s vat of contaminants and, to make matters worse, has realised that the heroes are being stalked by the deadly Weeping Angels…”

Offline littleleadperson

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:32:26 AM »
For those interested I've posted up the concluding instalment to my BatRep using the new "Lost Patrol" rules by "Games Workshop". However rather than use Genestealers and Space Marine Scouts, we've gone with "DC Comics" Batman and Cyborg battling the Weeping Angels from "Doctor Who" :-)

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/lost-patrol-report-batman-cyborg-verses.html

“The story so far… Poison Ivy has turned Robinson Park into a lethal jungle, packed full of carnivorous killer plants. Having successfully apprehended her, Batman must now recover the eco-terrorist’s plant toxins and allow the vegetation to return to normality. However, despite the help of Cyborg and the Gotham City Police Department, the Dark Knight has failed to discover the whereabouts of Isley’s vat of contaminants and, to make matters worse, has realised that the heroes are being stalked by the deadly Weeping Angels…”

What a great idea! If I replace Batman with Doctor Who this may be a way to get my girlfriend to play!

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:05:21 AM »
"What a great idea! If I replace Batman with Doctor Who this may be a way to get my girlfriend to play!" - Sounds like a plan to me. I play a lot of "Zombicide" using Doctor Who mins, with the Cybermen predominantly acting as walkers and cybermats as runners. I even have a Cyberking as an Abomination.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 03:31:00 AM »
Interesting, I love the idea you went with.

I've thought about picking up Lost Patrol.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 01:21:48 AM »
Thanks Dr Mathias. I was hoping that "Games Workshop" would bring out some expansions and extra tiles etc. but all I've seen is an article in "White Dwarf" about using terminators in the game.