Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:05:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 527
Total: 531

Recent

Author Topic: Wargames Foundry  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Arunman

• Student
Wargames Foundry
« on: August 26, 2016, 09:31:03 AM »
I love Wargames Foundry for their releases of the old Citadel models. When I made a good order from them, they delivered it promptly and customer service was just excellent. But then I inquired about other possible old Citadel models, that British and French bloggers reportedly have been able to order for many years for now. So, being from the other side of Europe, I sent them email about it, asking if they are available as they were not then (nor are now in 2016) available at the webshop.

Didn't heard back from them and never have. At then after some time I checked my spam box, re-sent the email. Still nothing.

Later I mentioned this to a hobbyist friend and he had exactly the same experiece inquiring about those old Citadel models that other foreigners reportedly were able to order from UK. Weird, I thought. Then met a third native of my land and he too had just the same experience with Foundry - orders go through, models arrive, but nobody answers to general inquiry email like ever. Hmm, is it that email sent from certain countries end in spam box, I pondered. Then I read here that other non-Britons have the same problem ("no response to my email"): http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8878.

Have you had the same experience? Surely in 2016 one could assume that such a company would reply to emails, especially as they have a dedicated "Contact us" website. I would have made this question at the Oldhammer Forum, where some writers know the Foundry folks personally, but was unable to register there: the account confirmation email never arrived. If there are any Britons here who do visit the Foundry in person in the near future, please remind them that they have communication problem, whether it's emails ending in spam box or something else.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:32:37 AM by Arunman »

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Re: Wargames Foundry
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:43:27 AM »
I've had more or less the same experience (from Belgium). Orders and pre-orders for convention pick-up are no problem. Enquiries about other things (in my case a missing figure form a pack I bought at Crisis convention) never received a reply. I didn't really prsue the issue though, just a single mail which was never replied to.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »
I'm in the UK, and have experienced the same problem with enquiries.

Never had an issue with actual orders, often arriving the next day in good order (with freebies!) but any enquiries I have sent about pack availability have been ignored or undelivered.

To be fair, its only been a couple of times and I have managed to find the information elsewhere so its not been a massive issue, but it does seem to be a recurring problem and one that they need to follow up.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »
Warlord Games used to do this as well (they may have fixed the issues now, I'm talking a few years ago). I think some companies don't have a single person responsible for email enquiries in the same way they do with orders. Thus no-one is really bothered about answering them.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Steve63

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »
I don't get reply's to my emails either, but they do answer the phone and are very helpful.
And I'm going to visit their shop today for the first time.
I'm like a kid at Christmas ;D

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »
Had an Enquiries about an open order and they answered in normal time (2-3 days). But the time of orders really depends on several things. My "normal" order used to take between 2 and 8 weeks, the congo-order was as fast as lightning (between 1 and 2 weeks).
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 11:17:24 PM »
I am in the US.

I have called them. They have always been helpful that way.

Online syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 03:41:26 AM »
My congo order showed up in just over 2 weeks. My email experience the last two years has been poor as well but they do answer the phone and are generally a friendly group.  They have eventually answered my previous emails and emailed the one figure I was missing on my previous order.  I think I have had 4 large orders since Marcus took over and no real issues.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Gary Peach

• Scientist
  • I paint to live, not live to paint.
    • www.marchattack.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 12:09:43 PM »
Its an industry wide problem...  younger companies get e communication and realize its part of the marketing and research process.

Offline Arunman

• Student
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 09:11:35 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the information. Now I know it wasn't just me or my friends. This kind of stonewalling doesn't make a good image for a company known otherwise for a nice outlook and good products. For comparison, as a collector of old school models I haven't been able to find much products worthy of attention from the Games Workshop in last 10 years, but I must say their customer service is exemplary when it comes to email communications.

Syrinx0 mentioned receiving a model missing from a previous order. My experience with Foundry is that they were punctual and fast when responding to case of one broken figure out of about circa 70 models. The replacement model was packed with care and thus arrived in intact condition.

Out of blue one of my friends mentioned in the first post got reply from Foundry yesterday. Perhaps somebody over there reads this forum and noticed this topic. Better late than never. :)