Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: EM-4 Tavern  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
EM-4 Tavern
« on: January 30, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »
Just received the EM-4 ready-painted inn I ordered the other day. All in all, I am VERY impressed by it. A solid, well-painted resin building that arrived with me Friday morning after placing the order Wednesday afternoon, and all for less than £45 including postage.

Now, I know it would have been cheaper to build it myself, perhaps, but for the quality of the product, I think it's a bargain!

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Fantasy_Medieval_Inn.html
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: EM-4 Tavern
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »
Looks decent enough! With this size, I´d have to charge about that sum for a scratchbuilt model house as well.

Offline Ook

• Bookworm
    • Ook Painting Service
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »
Very nice looking building, and wouldn't look out of place in a number of settings.  :)
Le singe est dans l'arbre

Offline knoxville

• Mr. Happiness
  • Mad Scientist
    • ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
I got this some months ago in a sale of a local shop (for 25,- €). Even for a higher price, it's highly recommended! :)
I was there the day that Horus fell.
ЯEAKTOR.MINIATURES

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:54:20 PM »
I love mine, too. They are working on a farmhouse and outbuildings at the moment, so I was told at Warfare.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Geudens

• Mastermind
  • 39th generation heir of Charles Martel (no joke!)
    • http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 09:36:32 AM »
Just received the EM-4 ready-painted inn I ordered the other day. All in all, I am VERY impressed by it. A solid, well-painted resin building that arrived with me Friday morning after placing the order Wednesday afternoon.

To help you out of a dream: this is actually standard business practice with EM-4! I'm in Belgium and it never takes longer than 3-4 days to get the stuff through.  Always a pleasure to deal with EM-4!

Rudi
do visit my websites & photobucket:
http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
http://www.tsoa.be/
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/geudens_photos/

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »
Taking into consideration the length of time and effort needed to scratchbuild one, I'd say this was very reasonable  :)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 09:43:43 PM »
A very nice piece indeed. I'm curious - what does the interior look like?

-Doc

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 09:52:28 PM »
It is an open space sprayed black.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 11:55:12 PM »
Love EM4. Love their service. Love their ranges. Love all the lovely bits and pieces they do.

But truthfully, I don't think the EM4 tavern's is that good.
Have picked it up and looked at it a few times, and it doesn't work for me.
Something about it, anyway...

Ah well, each to their own...  :?

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »
Saw Doug from Em-4 at Vapnartak today and he admitted that he aquired a VSF vehicle last year - if we all ask him often enough maybe he'll start looking into steam powered pieces next.....
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
I'm enjoying this thread - although I may have to have a quiet interview with Captain Blood ;D

The Inn is definitely good value, although I say so myself and, hopefully, our next building will be equally good value and good quality.

It's a wall farm and will be sold as 3 separate items, all of which will be useable on their own or as part of the complete farm.

The original was designed and built by Dave Marshall of TM Terrain and he has also painted the "master" copy which will be copied for the production pieces.

I intended to post the first pre-release pics on TMP this week but since you guys have been so kind about our Inn, I'll make LAF the vehicle for the first airing of these photos (if I can remember how to include photos on a post).

fastolfrus - It was good to meet you and yours at Vapnartak. I've just realised I've got some Victorian miniatures as well - the freebies from the last few years Partizan shows. This must be some kind of conspiracy..

Doug

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 12:43:55 PM »

I'm enjoying this thread - although I may have to have a quiet interview with Captain Blood ;D

Doug

lol Sorry Doug.
Everyone else seems to like it.
It's just not quite right to my eye...  :?

The new farm on the other hand looks FABULOUS  :-*
If it looks half as good in the flesh, I'll definitely be up for one of those at Salute (I assume you'll be there?)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »

The new farm on the other hand looks FABULOUS  :-*
If it looks half as good in the flesh, I'll definitely be up for one of those at Salute (I assume you'll be there?)

Yep, thats very nice. I own a number of Dave's (TM Terrain) stuff and its all greta stuff!

I shall also be very interested in this. Oh and I like the inn too. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 12:57:07 PM »
We're at Salute, Cap'n but the Farm won't be. The timescale on these things is long-winded. We are at the penultimate stage now. Dave painted 2 complete farms. One of these has gone to the factory and one is kept here as a control copy. The factory then send us a painted version, copied from the Dave version we sent them. We haven't got this yet - due in any time. We then compare it to the control copy (which is the one in the pic I've posted) and if it's OK, give the factory the go-ahead to start churning them out. From THAT stage, it's about another 2 months before we get the finished product for sale.

We'll probably bring a sample to Salute so that it can be seen but there won't be any for sale. If you turn up, will I recognise you from a real life or will you have to introduce yourself as Captain Blood?

Doug