Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:45:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tribal Denisovans +Neanderthals + Homo habilis  (Read 15073 times)

Offline werekake

• Librarian
Re: Tribal Denisovans +Neanderthals + Homo habilis
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2016, 01:16:11 PM »
Need slightly less than a normal Tribal game. One might argue that this could be because prehistoric communities were smaller. The truth is, I like my Lucid Eye Neanderthals, and there's not much variance in the figure poses to be fielding too many warriors etc that look exactly the same...

The rules in the Primeval supplement, currently, say:

Each player will also need:
•   A Chief or War-Leader, 1-3 individual Hero models, and a method to record their wounds – small dice work well.
•   2-4 units of 5 warriors each.  Warrior groups are armed with either short weapons (clubs, axes, knives) or long weapons (spears, throwing-spears).

For my Neanderthals, I have a chief, two heroes and 2 units of 5 warriors.

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 04:51:50 PM »
Any chance that the Lucid Eye, now Warlord Savage Core, range could be expanded with another pack?
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 04:53:55 PM »
Any chance that the Lucid Eye, now Warlord Savage Core, range could be expanded with another pack?
I used a Reaper Neanderthal pack to expand my tribe, but there still aren't enough different sculpts to get a tribe. Plenty of options: Copplestone Cavemen, Pulp Figures, etc. A little green stuff should outfit them all to match well enough.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »
In the preview scenario for Tribal, it was 1 chief, 2 heroes, a band of 5 warriors with short weapons, and a band of 5 with long weapons. Perfect size to try the rules out.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 07:48:40 PM »
Thanks guys. Eureka shopping list updated.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 09:50:05 PM »
Very nice, I see there's more on Mana Press' Twitter feed:
https://twitter.com/ManaPress/media

What's the average size warband for this?

I didn't realise there was a Mana Press Twitter feed. Thanks, the Chief and heroes look great.

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 11:27:07 PM »
Wow! That's an apocalyptic sized horde. Have you played a game of Tribal with the full force? The biggest game I have played is 3 units of warriors, 2 heroes and a Chief (most of whom were killed by an angry Mammoth )
Here is a pic of the Denisovan heroes
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 02:40:51 AM by Freelancer »

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2016, 09:27:13 AM »
Nice figurines...but i have all my stock already done.....

and my beasts too (Tiger see here , Mammouth...)

Missing a big terror bird.

Just waiting my monkey/small hominids from Lucid Eyes.

Eric
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Offline orc

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »
Great treat freelancer :o, waiting to see moore!

Very tempted to start my own  "caveman/tribal" ...project!

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2016, 12:05:33 AM »
Do not forget Steve Barber models http://www.stevebarbermodels.com/35-28mm-prehistoric-settlement

Though limited in poses, he has a good range at a fine price.

My fave has to be the new chief http://www.stevebarbermodels.com/28mm-prehistoric-settlement/40-28mm-caveman-chieftain-with-large-rhino-horn-spear.html

Offline Lord Blackheart

• Bookworm
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2016, 12:59:52 AM »
These look fantastic. I was looking at some of my Blacktree Nubians and thinking they would make good prehistoric Africans. I am kind of sick of all cavemen being beardy europeans. Lucid eye's Asiatic/American Cro-Magnons were great, but these Denisovans are awesome too. I had to look up who the hell Denisovans were. Very interesting, I like how the miniatures include little hints of Australasian/Melanesian weapons. Look forward to these being added to my collection one day. Is caveman/tribal rules coming out soon?

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »
The rules for Tribal : Primeval are all written. They are just undergoing playtesting before hitting the printers. Hopefully will be ready before the New Year.

Offline werekake

• Librarian
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »
These look fantastic. I was looking at some of my Blacktree Nubians and thinking they would make good prehistoric Africans. I am kind of sick of all cavemen being beardy europeans. Lucid eye's Asiatic/American Cro-Magnons were great, but these Denisovans are awesome too. I had to look up who the hell Denisovans were. Very interesting, I like how the miniatures include little hints of Australasian/Melanesian weapons. Look forward to these being added to my collection one day. Is caveman/tribal rules coming out soon?

YES! That's exactly what I was hoping for with Denisovans as well - the chance to push beyond the bearded caveman look for prehistoric man. The Denisovans provide the opportunity to explore a nomadic range, light and rangy - able to hunt on the steppes of asia through to the deserts of Australia. Nice to see you picked up on the melanesian/koori influences as well. There's little bits here and there.

As Freelancer says, Tribal Primeval will  be out soon - I'm pushing for a pre-xmas release! Will chat with Nic and see if we can do a Denisovan/Primeval deal thru Eureka. Here's the cover... just to whet the appetite...  ;)

As Scurv says, there are some fighting lions and a lioness and cubs - nicely done. Good for an african hunt. I'll be using my Foundry Azande warriors in furs as my prehistoric/precolonial africans.

Offline Matakakea

• Scientist
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »
Okay, I'll keep an eye out for this one. Hopefully Eureka will be have the Denisovians ready in time for Salute next year. I don't suppose you fellas are planning to bring a game over again?
I'm not a mercenary. Killing's more of a hobby for me.

Offline werekake

• Librarian
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2016, 01:58:36 AM »
Yep, we just got notification a few weeks ago that our game was accepted for Salute - so we're busy booking flights etc now. We're putting on a double game - a game of Tribal Primeval and a game of Mad Maximillian. Both played on the same table, which will be inspired by the Australian red-desert landscape. Are you going to be there Matakakea? Would love to catch-up, have a hongi. CHUR!  ;)