Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:03:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690981
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Siege of the Citadel live!  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
(Kickstarter) Siege of the Citadel live!
« on: September 08, 2016, 12:20:41 PM »

"We're rebooting one of the most awesome techno-fantasy miniatures boardgames of all time, Siege of the Citadel. First seen in the 1990s this new edition is bringing together an A-List design team who are updating and balancing not only the rules, but also the new miniatures and tiles.

Richard Borg was the lead designer on the 1st Edition of Siege of the Citadel, now he's joined by a hit squad to bring this new edition growling to life!

The design team is joined by DoomTrooper Henning Ludvigsen (Imperial Assault, Descent, Mansions of Madness) whose mighty pen drew the dreaded walls of the Citadel and has brought new throbbing life to the halls of Alakhai, even penning the missing 8 halls of the Citadel.Originally published by Pressman Toys in the 1990s, Siege of the Citadel was one of the first games of its kind to offer many unique elements, including innovative features such as co-operative play, character development and the rotation of the Dark Legion player. Conceived by Sweden's gaming powerhouse Target Games, Siege of the Citadel had television advertising in the US and hundreds of gamers still own much loved copies across the world.
Siege of the Citadel is set in the universe of Mutant Chronicles, created by Target Games, one of the bigger names in gaming in the 1990's. Target released the DoomTrooper collectible card game and translated it into 16 languages, three boardgames, a SNES and Mega Drive DoomTrooper video game, Comic Book miniseries and graphic novel from Acclaim Comics, the massive Warzone miniatures game, the Mutant Chronicles 1st and 2nd Edition roleplaying games, a Hollywood movie, Fantasy Flight Games' pre-painted miniature game plus - of course - the rebooted Warzone miniatures game and 3rd edition roleplaying game.
The Siege of the Citadel takes place during one of the great wars against the Dark Legion as humanity musters the greatest army ever under Cardinal Durand and the DoomTroopers of the Cartel. The stage is set for the final conflict as the DoomTroopers assault Alakahi's Citadel on Venus, the greatest of the Dark Legion citadels spewing foul legions of terror across the planets of the Solar System."

Link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-citadel-2nd-edition-techno-fantasy-bo/description

Backed...for the $69 pledge. I think $149 is absurd for a board game. I'll probably want it though, the $80 difference suggests a boat load of stretch goals for that version.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: (Kickstarter) Siege of the Citadel live!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 01:14:04 PM »
There goes my retirement nest egg of old copies...  lol

I'm confused by what is different at the $149 level, but probably won't jump on either.

Good fortune!

Doug

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
Only the stretch goals...the expensive one (probably) gets way more stretch goals once the $60.000 mark had been reached.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 02:24:42 PM »
I like Richard Borg's games, but this looks comically underwhelming.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »
I still have multiple copies of the original, and still play it several times a year. Love this game. But seeing as how I am still waiting on my Mutant Chronicles Kickstarter, while Morphidius has been selling it for months, I am taking a pass on this. I have no trust in them and their ability to deliver product to their backers. I recommend caution.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 05:00:19 PM »
One thing I already mentioned in the announcement thread... The tile art is by Henning Ludvigsen, who did an excelletn job on the Mansions of Madness tiles, but here it looks like he they gave him some very strange parameters. Those colorful neon-lighted halls don't look that good to me, I'd almost prefer the old ugly tiles from the original game.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 09:06:49 AM »
...But seeing as how I am still waiting on my Mutant Chronicles Kickstarter, while Morphidius has been selling it for months, I am taking a pass on this. I have no trust in them and their ability to deliver product to their backers. I recommend caution.

Strange, all Moediphius KS I pledged worked well for me, in addition Chris and Rita were always very fast and responsive if something went wrong. I pledged because of Moediphius!
:)
Contact them!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 06:11:06 AM »
I didn't have any trouble with my Achtung! Cthulhu pledge. Prior to fullfilment, I did make sure they remembered to send me what they promised tho so maybe that helped :?

As to this particular product, am not interested. If you could pick out just the human troopers then maybe, assuming they are to scale with Warzone: Resurrection stuff which I'm not 100% sure they are. Should be farily close tho since they are (confirmed) "32mm".
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:14:32 AM by tnjrp »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »
And they are done by Prodos IIRC, so should be the same size I assume.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
I really wonder how much of our nostalgia for this game is driven by the fact that it was remaindered at $10 in toys stores across the US.  I mean, yeah, good game for something aimed at the mass-market kiddie market, but much like Battlemasters I sure wouldn't have bought it at full retail even way back when.

Still, new version looks impressive.