Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:17:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691087
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fantastic Worlds Play-By-Post on The Speakeasy  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Fantastic Worlds Play-By-Post on The Speakeasy
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:52:41 PM »
Hey all.  I'm going to be running a play-by post game of Fantastic Worlds over on the Rattrap Productions boards.

http://rattrapproductions.com/speakeasy/viewtopic.php?p=10485

---

*fuzz-crackle* "Orbital 1, this is Shuttlecraft Shackleton reporting, come in Orbital 1."

"This is Orbital 1. Go ahead, Shackleton. Are those your dulcet tones of annoyance, Ensign Ladric?"

"Save it for later, Max. We've completed our recon of the falls, and found nothing. Looks like whatever took out the base did it pretty cleanly."

"Roger. Thanks, Kyr, my thanks to your crewmates. Now get out of there. Star Command is writing off this iceball and pulling out. We're waiting just long enough to pick you up, then we're out too."

"Last one out, roll up the snow and turn out the lights, huh, Max?"

"Pretty much. Hey, watch your flight path Kyr. Fly low till you're out of potential hostile radar, but not that low."

"Max, you believe the stories? Relax, I can handle it, there's nothing here but some HOLY CR--"

"Kyr! Report! What happened?"

There came no response, only a brief crunch, the suggestion of a scream, then dead air.

"Shackleton, come in! Do you read? Come in! Damnit Kyr, don't do this, we're not staffed for a rescue..."

---

The polar regions of Thraxt are renowned, both for their icy frigid beauty and for their deadly cold. Icy rivers, treacherous cravasses, blinding blizards: these are only a few of the hazards facing potential explorers and rescuers, to say nothing of the flora and fauna that have somehow eked out a foothold. Thraxt's wintertime beauty is best experienced from within a heated shuttlecraft in low orbit. Sadly, that is not possible here.

---

The Star Command shuttle S.C.S. Shackleton has gone down with its four crew under mysterious circumstances in the snowfields of Thraxt. Characters will be members of a rescue team cobbled together from whatever ships happened to be near the system at the time. Time is running out, and the crew must be rescued, or their bodies recovered if it's too late.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline The Gonk

• Assistant
    • Little Lead Heroes
Re: Fantastic Worlds Play-By-Post on The Speakeasy
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »
Man, that looks cool!  Just not enough time for me to participate right now, or I'd be in.  Good luck!

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »
If you have not checked the game out, we're into Turn 3 and we've got crystal cacti spitting energy blasts and icky one-eyed spiders attempting to pounce on people.

Take a look and hop into the Spectator thread to post your comments and observations.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 07:56:18 PM »
If you have not checked the game out, we're into Turn 3 and we've got crystal cacti spitting energy blasts and icky one-eyed spiders attempting to pounce on people.

Take a look and hop into the Spectator thread to post your comments and observations.

lol

How can anyone not be hooked by that description?