Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:05:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691101
  • Total Topics: 118373
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Melniboneans  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Melniboneans
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:17:06 PM »
My game last weekend didn't end up happening because my Crusade order came in and had to be sorted and back orders filled. 

So instead this week I worked on getting some more figures finished for it.  This time some Melniboneans to back up Elric and Moonglum.  Now I need to find a Dvim Tvar figure and I'll be all set.

http://imgur.com/a/VVFFo

Offline Moshes

• Assistant
Re: Melniboneans
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:51:14 AM »
Wow!  :o

Excellent painting, sir. I have been about seeing these models painted for ages, as I had no clue for how a Melnibonean should look like in colour. I think your choice of tones fits well to the subject, and the expression of the faces is priceless.

Thank you for sharing.

Offline ToretheCrazy

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 08:44:31 AM »
They are great, now I want to find some (not that I could paint them very well :) )

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 11:15:31 AM »
Nice painting! I was disappointed when Citadel released the infantry and cavalry as they didn't hit me as correct although I've no idea what they should be like. The same was true (for me) of the Hawkmoon range by Eureka......Moorcock was my introduction to fantasy in the mid 70s so holds a special place in my imagination. On a positive note the character figures were generally excellent!

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 11:28:36 AM »
Great stuff. Always good to see some 'Bonies painted up. Colour choice works really well. I've got an army of these but I've been stumped for yonks when it comes to colour schemes so they're all still bare metal. You shouldn't have too much trouble tracking down Dyvim Tvar as it's quite a common figure. Any plans for more?

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 01:30:39 PM »
I have to look through my stuff and see if I can find where the rest are.  I painted up Elric and Moonglum and have the other Elric from the Character pack painted, and he has actually seen table time.  I need to find a shield for Hawkmoon and paint Ulrik as well and track down Erekose who should be around here somewhere.

I just painted up one of the really old Citadel Chaos Warriors to use as Gaynor and I'll probably have him leading a Tzeentch force in an attack on Tanelorn using Age of Sigmar. 

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »
I have to look through my stuff and see if I can find where the rest are.  I painted up Elric and Moonglum and have the other Elric from the Character pack painted, and he has actually seen table time.  I need to find a shield for Hawkmoon and paint Ulrik as well and track down Erekose who should be around here somewhere.

I just painted up one of the really old Citadel Chaos Warriors to use as Gaynor and I'll probably have him leading a Tzeentch force in an attack on Tanelorn using Age of Sigmar. 

I wonder if the chaos warrior is the one I'm thinking of? Or am I thinking of a blood bowl model? Fella with a plain featureless full helmet? Anyway, look forward to seeing whatever else you do for this project.  :)

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
wait until you see the new karmag guys. I suspect they will change your mind re the hawkmoon range. Everyone who saw the greens was blown away.

Sneak peaks???

Offline Tordenskjold

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 07:37:58 PM »
wait until you see the new karmag guys. I suspect they will change your mind re the hawkmoon range. Everyone who saw the greens was blown away.

New Green?! Where, when  :o

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »
I didnt even see the old ones? Is it already possible to buy them?

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 09:01:11 AM »
they have been cast up, and if they had not ripped the rail line up that goes from my gaff to  to Eureka on Saturday I would have some. So yes I assume you can buy them. Nic might pop a pic up of them here if you email him.

Are they still not officially available (as in you have to email some shady bloke rather than buying in the online store)?

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 09:27:37 AM »
I was going to say, Nic is probably the least shady bloke I have ever had the pleasure of working with.  lol
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »
LOL, they were literally cast up late last week so I assume not in the store yet. On the upside Nic is about as shady as the sahara at noon so an email to him is a sure fire bet of happiness.

I didn't mean the Kamarg models I was thinking about the other Grenbretan figures that have been previewed and painted seemingly long ago now. Eureka don't seem to be in any rush to put them on their website. Unless they're there but hidden away.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »
I didn't mean the Kamarg models I was thinking about the other Grenbretan figures that have been previewed and painted seemingly long ago now. Eureka don't seem to be in any rush to put them on their website. Unless they're there but hidden away.

Indeed, I found pictures of them dating back to 2013, but yesterday I was unable to find them anywhere on the Eureka website.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 02:07:01 PM »
I will let Nic know your concerns. On the upside I just finished priming some new gran Breton minis so I can do pics.

The sooner they make it into the web store, the sooner Fighting 15s should hopefully stock them.  ;)

Look forward to your pics.  :)