Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 604
Total: 611

Recent

Poll

Which 15mm sci fi range should Khurasan release next?

Core Systems Ghulams with their heavy wheeled transport and tracked vehicles (they're tall slender humanoid aliens)
3 (6.3%)
The Antalian Devils -- dreaded enemies of the CSG, also tall slender demonic aliens using huge mecha war machines
6 (12.5%)
ExBat -- the federal army experimental battalion; their advanced superheavy grav tank is already available but their robot infantry, robot carrier APC, and human assistant "treaty troops" have yet to be released
3 (6.3%)
Oceanic republic -- late 21st century infantry for a dystopian NF range (a totalitarian superstate made up of the Americas, former UK, and ANZ)
12 (25%)
The rest of the Soriog Empire range
4 (8.3%)
More stuff for the Carnivorans: Garn redo, transports for the Felids, two new races -- minotaurs and weasels, and the huge tyrannosaurus mecha of the Garn
4 (8.3%)
Redo of the mekanoid infantry
1 (2.1%)
Lots more armour for the federal army (and I do mean lots)
3 (6.3%)
More modern day grey alien invasion forces
3 (6.3%)
The celestial Mariners and species 84: a transdimensional alliance between a zhodani-space elf like race, and huge ultra powerful reptilian centaurs from another dimension, both of whom use a crab-like robot as main force infantry
6 (12.5%)
The Maggotons -- evil worm-like overlords controlling swarms of six-eyed toothy slave troops of various kinds
3 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Which 15mm sci fi range should Khurasan release next?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Which 15mm sci fi range should Khurasan release next?
« on: September 24, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
I've been told I've been neglecting my 15mm sci fi ranges. I've got a lot of stuff to release but I've been focusing on historical releases for the past year or so because I think 15mm SF is a bit oversaturated.

But I think I'll release some SF next. What do you all reckon I should put out? Pick one.
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Which 15mm sci fi range should Khurasan release next?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 07:43:07 PM »
Chose species 84, but I'd be just as happy with the rest of the greys range (and I guess you sell more when a range is complete?)

Offline Paddy649

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:52:03 PM »
I think there is a gap in the market for tall slender humanoid aliens so they got my vote.
The Maggotons came a close second as I like the idea of worm-like aliens - but why make them control six-eyed toothy slave troops of various kinds?  Why 2 species when you can do one properly. 
No more huge mecha war machines please - that marketplace is flooded.
The rest of the Soriog Empire range would be good to see as would grey alien invasion forces
I like the idea of the celestial Mariners and species 84: a transdimensional alliance between a zhodani-space elf like race, and huge ultra powerful reptilian centaurs from another dimension but I'm  not sure about crab-like robots as the main force infantry.

Just my 2p!

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 08:34:48 PM »
Because the maggotons are a master race that have created various forms of slave troops to fulfill different tactical roles on the battlefield.

Offline Knight of St John

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
The celestial marine shown a year or two back looked marvellous and I would love to get some. Is there any thing else planed for the Gota clan range ?
Michael.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 08:51:52 PM »
Because the maggotons are a master race that have created various forms of slave troops to fulfill different tactical roles on the battlefield.

I didn't like the sound of the Maggotons, but I have to say, the one photo on FB changed my mind on that!

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 06:06:36 PM »
More Jasmine Throne squads.  I love the "Alien Legion" French Foreign Legions in space theme. Great stuff. Maybe more "assault crabs" (Harks).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 05:36:01 PM by Bloodaxe »

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 10:35:39 PM »
The near future troops sound good since much of my gaming is NF anyway.   :)
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 11:13:26 PM »
The "Oceanic Republic" concept reminds me much to PanOceania from Infinity. Might be interesting to see that.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 12:24:14 PM »
This poll is good proof of the old observation that in sci fi, human based factions are more popular than Alien factions. Although in total if it was quite literally a poll of Aliens vs Humans, Aliens would win, but the fact a near future human faction has garnered 25% of the votes is interesting.

Not to say these figures won't be great, they could well be a fine addition, but to put it bluntly it will be just one of many dozens of human type forces available. I have about 13 Human armies for 15mm sci fi, one of them could quite easily be seperated into two, and they are well kitted out, most having their own artillery, VTOLs and logistics vehicles etc, and I STILL haven't even got all the forces .

When it comes to Aliens in 15mm there is a lot of choice, but not enough to form as many comprehensive forces as the options are limited generally to infantry and a few base vehicles. I think only critical mass has 3 well fleshed out armies, and GZG has a few but only one of those has obvious support vehicles.

With this choice I was split between the Garnivorans (a faction I'd like to start into) and the Soriog, of which I have some troops already. The Celestial Mariners were a close third as they sound cool (and I liked the preview mini) and more Federal army vehicles comes 4th (as mine is already a big force, but it could do with some arty etc).

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
My vote goes to: celestial Mariners and their centaurish allies!