Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:30:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Geezers Shut it help  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Clawed_Greengrass

• Librarian
Geezers Shut it help
« on: October 07, 2016, 09:14:29 PM »
Hi Guys. I recently bought Geezers Shut it rules. How does the turn sequence work? Is it an IGO UGO? If so which side moves first?
I also found the car chase rules a bit of a let down. Has anyone here tweaked them to make them better?

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
Re: Geezers Shut it help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 09:23:24 PM »
Yeah, it's weird they seemed to just assume that we'd know what sort of game they were thinking of. I just guessed and went with all criminals do all their moves, followed by all police, and then have an end phase. Seemed to work ok.

The driving rules are strange, too. You can't really do anything without a score of 12. In the scenario we played, on the first turn, the best police driver in the game (Wheels 6, iirc) gently pulled out of a side street at 10 miles an hour, and promptly spun the car around at a mad angle and after another failed drive score decided it would be better to walk.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:26:04 PM by monkeylite »

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 05:30:15 PM »
Yeah, it's weird they seemed to just assume that we'd know what sort of game they were thinking of. I just guessed and went with all criminals do all their moves, followed by all police, and then have an end phase. Seemed to work ok.

The driving rules are strange, too. You can't really do anything without a score of 12. In the scenario we played, on the first turn, the best police driver in the game (Wheels 6, iirc) gently pulled out of a side street at 10 miles an hour, and promptly spun the car around at a mad angle and after another failed drive score decided it would be better to walk.

Hahaha! that last part is really funny.
Thankyou for the reply, i'll try and struggle my way through a game.

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »

Did he knock over an empty pile of cardboard boxes?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:14:42 PM by Rob_bresnen »
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 10:48:45 PM »
Must not forget the pile of empty exploding oil drums either lol

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 10:56:14 PM »
Did he knock over an empty pile of cardboard boxes?

I made a bunch of mini empty cardboard boxes especially for that sort of thing:

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 01:16:47 AM »
Wow! that's fantastic. What scale and make is the Mini?

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 08:00:34 AM »

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 04:48:10 PM »

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:53 PM »

The rules are IGO/UGO. I should have made that clearer. As regards who goes first it tends to depend on the scenario. 'Police Ambush on blaggers'= Police go first. 'Blaggers hitting a cash in transit van'= Blaggers go first.(Police then respond to the on going incident.)

Sorry you don't like the driving rules. They are intended to provide gamers with frenetic unpredictable car chases. Most people don't have a problem with them. I'll have a look to see what I can change.  
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:54:06 PM by Captain Gamma »
"Morning!"

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »
Sorry you don't like the driving rules. They are intended to provide gamers with frenetic unpredictable car chases. Most people don't have a problem with them. I'll have a look to see what I can change.  

I didn't have a problem with the rules, I just think everyone needs to have that 12 score, to pass their test.

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 11:00:01 PM »
It's the same for me. What i've read so far, they look a great, fun set of rules and i can't wait to get stuck in. As for the driving rules, they are done well. But it looks far too difficult to roll under the 'wheels' score for an average driver. I would rather see penalties being applied from 30mph upwards and the risk of control loss increasing. 30mph or less would allow cornering with slight risk. Maybe this would allow for an office secretary to be taken hostage and forced to drive etc.
Perhaps a small ruling for non player traffic to randomly move around the streets, getting in the way etc etc?

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 11:05:32 PM »
I've had a look at the rules earlier and changed it so no rolls are necessary until you try to carry out manoeuvres at 40mph and above. In the future a figure's average Wheels score will be higher. 

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 12:07:21 AM »
Superb! Now the blaggers will get out of the clarts a bit quicker. I can't wait to don me lionels and green flash plimsoles.
Ta Guv'nor lol