Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:49:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Star Trek Attack Wing BatReps  (Read 2019 times)

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
Star Trek Attack Wing BatReps
« on: September 12, 2016, 08:59:45 AM »
Despite being somewhat late to this party, I've just started playing "Star Trek: Attack Wing", and thought a series of BatReps (initially just using the minis in the Starter Set) might be of interest to some people. This opening battle pits the U.S.S. Enterprise-D against a Vor-cha class Klingon attack cruiser, after Captain Nu'Daq decides to encroach upon Federation space.

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/star-trek-attack-wing-report-uss.html

Thanks for looking, and if you've spotted any rule mistakes please let me know  :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:55:17 AM by BlaxKleric »
Painting & Gaming Blog: https://www.fantoricalwargaming.com/
Daily Super-hero Comic Review Blog: http://thebrownbagaeccb.blogspot.co.uk

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
Re: Star Trek Attack Wing BatReps
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 09:56:11 AM »
I've managed to play another game of "Star Trek: Attack Wing", and posted up a BatRep on my blog. Simple stuff as we're still learning the rules, but as some of you seemed interested in the first one, I thought I'd post the second one too.

This battle pits the U.S.S. Enterprise-D against a D'deridex class Romulan battle cruiser, after Commander Toreth decides to seek revenge upon her Federation opponent.

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/star-trek-attack-wing-report-uss_19.html

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 10:04:33 AM »
I think you need more long shots to show the relative positions of the ships on the battlefield!

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »
Yep. That was a criticism of the first BatRep. But unfortunately both were played one after the other, so I wasn't able to do any long shots for this one. The next one is now in the can though and there's plenty of long shots (and Borg!).   :)

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 04:10:06 PM »
Yep. That was a criticism of the first BatRep. But unfortunately both were played one after the other, so I wasn't able to do any long shots for this one. The next one is now in the can though and there's plenty of long shots (and Borg!).   :)

The Borg! Very interesting. If I didn't have so many micro machines, I could definitely get into ST: Attack Wing

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 08:13:00 AM »
Nice batreps!

I love this game, and feel like it strikes a nice balance between the character-driven intricacies of Star Trek and capital ship combat.  Glad to see you're having fun with it.  Love the comicbook quality of your AARs, hoping for some more.

Presumably you have a nice Romulan warbird from the starter kit, to work into future narratives...?

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 11:51:14 AM »
Presumably you have a nice Romulan warbird from the starter kit, to work into future narratives...?

Having found this game a couple of years later I am struggling to find some of the early releases at a reasonable price. But I have managed to buy a second D'deridex class warbird to accompany Toreth for when she meets up with Picard again!!  ;)

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 07:18:59 PM »
This is the third in our ongoing series of games using "Star Trek: Attack Wing" and was our first chance to use a vessel not found within the Starter Box. It also gave us a chance to use one of the scenarios found within the rule-book.

This battle pits the U.S.S. Enterprise-D against a Borg Scout Cube, with Commander William T. Riker eager to have his revenge upon the alien race who abducted his captain.  :)

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/star-trek-attack-wing-report-uss_26.html

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »
This is the fourth in our ongoing series of games using "Star Trek: Attack Wing" and gave us an opportunity to finally play one of the Organised Play Event scenarios; this one being based around the “Star Trek” TV Episode “The Doomsday Machine”.

The battle pits the U.S.S. Enterprise-D and Constitution-class U.S.S. Constellation against the Preservers' Doomsday Machine, and sees the return of Commodore Matt Decker.

http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/star-trek-attack-wing-report-uss.html

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 01:20:13 AM »
Poor Decker, always a corpse, never the hero.  :)

Offline BlaxKleric

• Scientist
    • Fantorical
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 08:02:39 AM »
Poor Decker, always a corpse, never the hero.  :)

LOL. I'm hoping his son does better when commanding my Enterprise (Refit)  :)