Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28 Days Later - DVD  (Read 5066 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: 28 Days Later - DVD
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
What's the sequel called? Is it Doomsday or something like that? If so, that's available as well although I think that may be a fiver.

Doug

Doomsday is definately worth getting for a fiver, it's like Combat Zone on film (troopers, savages and medieval types), very Mad Max/Escape from NY/LA inspired 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »
Rather liked the first, but like others have said the second isn't as great. Do like that Paris gets what's coming for them though lol.

I am Legend is disappointing, find the book if you want something good! Like all other book-movies. Never heard of Doomsday is Coming though(or I did but forgot) o_o.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 09:44:41 PM »
The older Heston version  of I'm a Legend better known as  The Omega Man is way better.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline The Gonk

• Assistant
    • Little Lead Heroes
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 09:53:48 PM »
 :o :o :o Spoilers ahead  o_o o_o o_o

28 Weeks Later is definitely not as good as the first one, but it is definitely worth seeing.  Robert Carlyle should have gotten an award for Best Zombie Infection Scene in a Movie.  We can call it a Zeddie...when he turned, you could really see the "rage" taking over.  It was awesome.  And, as mentioned, the first segment of the movie was also awesome.  The rest of the movie...eh.  It was okay until whenever they let the soldier chick and the sniper have dialogue!  But, I did enjoy the ending!  Very cool and somewhat subtle.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:55:42 PM by The Gonk »

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 12:59:10 PM »
Plynkes - I got the DVD from Hereford Sainsburys which is also in your neck of the woods unless I'm very much mistaken. That's also where the Doomsday one was. No sign of 28 weeks later, though although I could have missed it - I soon get bored sorting through DVD's on racks.

Doug

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »
As I don't get into Hereford very often and the fact that I just spotted that on Amazon you can get a boxed set of both films for £3.98 plus postage, I think I'll plump for the internet option.

But cheers anyway, Doug.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
As I don't get into Hereford very often and the fact that I just spotted that on Amazon you can get a boxed set of both films for £3.98 plus postage, I think I'll plump for the internet option.

But cheers anyway, Doug.

No probs - just thought I'd mention it. By the way, have you heard about a new group meeting at the Spread Eagle pub in Hereford? Although I believe it was started by a GW employee, it's for adults and plays all sorts of Games (not just GW) including Future stuff (just to keep on topic-ish). Haven't been myself but may drop in sometime - I don't go much for clubs but there may be useful contacts to be had.

Doug

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 06:30:58 PM »
The older Heston version  of I'm a Legend better known as  The Omega Man is way better.

I like the Omega Man. The Vincent Price version, The Last Man on Earth, is also worth a watch, though the bad guys are more like talking zombies than vampires.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.