Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:43:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live  (Read 56610 times)

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - more K47 Mechs (more added 7/3/17)
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2017, 06:18:46 PM »
Hmmm.

Are the plates Lego (TM) compatible?
This needs six to eight legs to emphasise the weight of the machine.

The orc style "head" does not add to its look.

The crew space needs to be bigger, same as the Spinne.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:23:14 PM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
More hmmm...

With the exception of another Orc head, this to me looks slightly better.

The six legs emphasise the weight of the machine.

The turret and hull detail remind me of the Ground Zero Games 25mm models of the late eighties.

That Dust model looks good, I also liked the German mech from Company B's Gearkrieg range, the wheel/track options giving better mobility.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2017, 07:07:00 PM »
I think that one of the problems with the Zeus/Thor mechs is that they may be the result of cad files for 15mm being blown up to 28mm without being re-detailed more appropriately for that scale (I love their Grizzly based mechs & the smaller single man walkers but really struggle to find much love for these).
 Wymalla - I really like that Dust model - but it's enormous - so tall that I just don't think it makes sense as a 28mm transport - since you'd need a ladder to get in or out (I like the Kugelblitz turret on that version though) - though I've been considering using the chassis as a basis for a very large artillery piece. Their smaller mechs make great basis' for conversions - there's one of their recent offerings a few pages back in this thread (pg3) - I've used several in the past (& am currently working on a few more, including those below - please excuse the pick, they're currenly at about the midway painting stage).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:20:28 PM by Ballardian »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2017, 11:56:20 PM »
Well its just aesthetic wise, as said, the Clockwork Goblin stuff looks like blown up 15mm files. Meanwhile Dust's mechs, whilst obviously being from a larger scale, don't look nearly so, well toy like ...I mean 40k styled, or am I mixing the two of those up?

They're doing what they can, but looking at the pair of German ones I'm finding it difficult to work out how to bring them up to snuff (zimmerit, if all else fails then that'll cover the lack of detail). However, I have similar criticisms of Warlord's vehicles, so perhaps the two companies are made for each other. :)

*Snittiness overload*

Hey at least the short barrelled one has one of those turret grenade launchers like they were adding to the late war tanks. I was wondering how on earth the crew are supposed to defend themselves against any infantry who make it up close (those legs looks far too un-manoeuvrable for squashing the unsuspecting buggers). ...Though maybe I'm assigning too much thought towards practicality when it comes to such a ludicrous concept (someone'll have the Red Skull popping out of the commander's hatch in no time).

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2017, 12:58:09 AM »
The only good thing I can say about the new mechs is that I look at the turret of the Zeus (the one on the left, with the bigger gun) and wonder if it can be used to kitbash a fictional German tank  :D

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Spinne with flamethrower
Those rules don't include the higher chance to be damaged due to having a flame thrower? Hmn.
It does mention the +1 to damage rolls on page 65 of the K47 rule book but not near the damage table (I do not have the BA v2 rules nor are the BA rules to hand to see if the rule is better laid out there).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:42:59 AM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »
The only good thing I can say about the new mechs is that I look at the turret of the Zeus (the one on the left, with the bigger gun) and wonder if it can be used to kitbash a fictional German tank  :D
I would want to remove some of the detail from the side of the turrets, later German tanks did not have hatches etc in the turret sides.

Is there room in the turret for the main gun to recoil without intersecting catastrophically with any one standing in the cupola?

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
Hey at least the short barrelled one has one of those turret grenade launchers like they were adding to the late war tanks. I was wondering how on earth the crew are supposed to defend themselves against any infantry who make it up close (those legs looks far too un-manoeuvrable for squashing the unsuspecting buggers). ...Though maybe I'm assigning too much thought towards practicality when it comes to such a ludicrous concept (someone'll have the Red Skull popping out of the commander's hatch in no time).

Good point (not the Red Skull bit, though that is an idea, where is that Dictator figure...).

Some kind of weapon system  is needed to keep infantry at bay.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2017, 04:28:52 PM »
Nobody look at the prices of those K47 Heavy mechs with a strong stomach.

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/new-releases/products/german-zeus-heavy-mechpanzer

(...more than their Maus and just as ugly)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2017, 04:47:21 PM »
If I needed more reasons than it being ugly...the price...argh  :?

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »
Nobody look at the prices of those K47 Heavy mechs with a strong stomach.

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/new-releases/products/german-zeus-heavy-mechpanzer

(...more than their Maus and just as ugly)
I beg to differ, far more ugly....

^___^

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
The price... perhaps they're going for an exclusivity angle, or the rules are so good you'll want one... that'll be a no then.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
so much awesome stuff. they only thing I really detest are the Light german walkers...it just seems wrong and silly to me.

but that is a very small niggle and one easily avoided

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
And the Soviet Mammoth Walker is now on pre-order, same price as the German heavy:

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/new-releases/products/soviet-mammoth-walker

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »
£60 is high...but you only need one. and its the same price as some dumb computer game people play for 3 days and then get rid of for 1/4 of the price paid.
this will last allot longer