Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:35:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout; Vault 26  (Read 22877 times)

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
Re: Fallout; Vault 26
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2017, 05:11:10 PM »
That looks perfect for Fallout!
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »
Wonderful weathering on a lovely collection of 'bits'.
 :-* :-* :-*

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2017, 09:24:05 PM »
Wonderful weathering on a lovely collection of 'bits'*.
 :-* :-* :-*

*I would love to see a breakdown of where they are all from, there looks like some really useful stuff in amongst that lot.
 :D

Of the lot you saw in the picture, all but one are either my own or bits done by Deltadog, who was kind enough to provide me with casts of some of his own work. In essence - if it looks wonderfully intricate and detailed, that would be Delta's. If it's plain and a bit more simple, then that would be mine. Delta has made me hold myself to a higher standard, so I've not yet tried to build something as intricate as his own. My first attempt will likely be a FO4 inspired safe. At some point!

I was going to 'copy' Delta's stuff, and make my own versions - look at his pics and build my own stuff from plasticard. Most of my stuff was made before I saw Delta's, and he forced me to up the standard I would accept (for which I am grateful!). I decided that I would instead support him by using and promoting the quality of his workmanship through here. I know he plans to set up his own shop at some point, and is working on commission for others (TNT, I believe). Anything I can do, however minimal, to promote him and his work is a tiny gesture for the things he has shared with me and the inspiration he has given, and I hope will encourage others to seek out his products when they are ready.

Anyway - From Deltadog, you can see the 3 beds (one converted by me), the vault generator bodies (he has complete versions, I wanted to do my own bits for those), the nearest vault dresser and the Vault tape machines.

The desks and tables are my own plasticard builds. There is the vault dresser I made for myself way at the back, and was the most eye-opening in terms of showing me what I should be aiming for. Nothing in the build Deltadog did was beyond my capabilities - I just hadn't held myself to his standard prior to seeing it in the flesh. What he can now achieve with 3D printing IS beyond what I can do (see the computer rack near the bottom of pg 7 of this thread, reply #103 I believe). So I eagerly await his releases for TNT and his own future endeavours!

There is a final set of lockers in the back, left of centre, taller than the rest. That was bought at Salute, along with a few arcade machines but for the life of me I don't remember the company.

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »
Holy moly I begine to blush^^

Good to hear the little exchange of expertise had brought up some fruits according to your motivation. :-)

And really thx for the promotion for my stuff here, but I have to say that it is at hold atm while I´m still to packed with recent comissionworks.

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2017, 09:52:03 PM »
Holy moly I begine to blush^^

Good to hear the little exchange of expertise had brought up some fruits according to your motivation. :-)

And really thx for the promotion for my stuff here, but I have to say that it is at hold atm while I´m still to packed with recent comissionworks.

I know... but some day... far from now, perhaps, when you do open a store and can actually sell your own creations, I will be happy to have helped establish your reputation in some small way!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »
Thank you for that rather comprehensive reply, it is much appreciated.
 :)

I shall certainly be keeping an eye out for DELTADOG's work when it hits the shelf as I am slowly stockpiling stuff for interiors for a future project and the things I see here are very much the kind of thing that I am looking for.
 8) 8)

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2017, 12:53:50 AM »
More great stuff. 
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2017, 07:47:21 AM »
I am loving this stuff, very effective. Keep on sending pictures, and a +1 to buying from Delta Dog (when possible).

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2017, 10:22:57 PM »
Been adding some debris to the furniture!

And some small decorative details to some of the larger furniture.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2017, 02:47:10 AM »
Very evocative. Looks very long-neglected. I like the color scheme you ended up with too.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2017, 03:09:14 AM »
Great painting on those. Well done.

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2017, 05:47:23 PM »
When you have neglected your own Fallout project for as long as I have, coming to these forums and logs such as yours in particular really hurts... in a good way!
I can actually feel myself becoming a masochist. In fact I'm already looking forward to the next time. ;)

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
 :o :o :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »
This is past awesome and waay into outstanding.

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2017, 08:57:49 AM »
Friday evening, I played a test game of my vault crawl with a friend from the 2D6 Lodge wargame club in Cambridge. That evening, I got home to the news of the upcoming Fallout Wasteland Warfare game! It will be interesting to see how my vault rules will be impacted. Will I end up making my game a dungeon crawl 'mod' for the new game, or continuing to forge my own path?

What ever happens, my purchasing of new 'not-fallout' miniatures is on hold. Ish. I may still pick up some toys that fit the universe, or my fan-made part of it, but are unlikely to appear in officialy releases.  I hope the new models won't be too pricey - more in line with the prices of Prodos' AVP range, where £12-£15 will get you a 5 man squad, than Games Workshop, where £12-£15 will get you a sigle figure. Time will tell!

Anyway, here is a report from the vault crawl!

My Kingdom for a Skills Book

The Wasteland fighter and Explorer set off into the exposed upper levels of Vault 26, leaving the relative safety of the still-secure deeper levels. Their task was to retrieve a text the Overseer had decided contained vital information for the ongoing safety of the vault, and last known to have been stored in this sector.

Mere moments into their exploration, the Vault dwellers stepped into a decaying bed chamber, only to find it had been selected as the base for 5 Super Mutants, probably attempting to find a way to access the lower vaults to locate potential 'recruits' to their ranks...

The vault dwellers spotted the Mutants first, and fired, wounding one of the Bruisers, who rushed forwards to attack, whilst the grunts took cover and began taking shots when a line of sight could be drawn.

The battle was long and tough, with the Vault dwellers taking lots of damage. The Super Mutants focused their attention on the Explorer, who ended up needing to use his stim pack to regain some health. Eventually, the mutants were destroyed,and the exploration could continue.

It seemed this location had once been a maintenace sector for the vault's generators. The bedroom backed directly onto a generator room, inplting the bedroom must have belonged to the technicans maintaining the power.

The generator room was occupied by 3 feral ghoyls and a roamer, who were also caught unawares, the high Perception of the explorer spotting the first. However, both vault dwellers missed their shots, and soon found themselves in combat.

The Explorer was very nearly taken out during this exchange, having gotten himself cornered between a locker and a generator, but the Ghouls were eventually killed. A happy find of some pureifed water in a locked cupboard restored some health. The exit to the room was also locked, and as the dwellers attempted to unlock it, part of the ceiling collapsed, causing two radioactive waste barrels to tumble into the chamber. Fortunately, both missed the dwellers. Unlocking the door, they were able to continue.

After passing along a long corridor, a T junction was reached. Taking the left hand turn first, the dwellers found the maintenance workshop, which was a very busy room. Not only had the room become flooded, but 9 bloatflies buzzed around the remains of a malfunctioning Eyebot. This time, the bloatflies spotted the dwellers first, but a barrage of thier living ammunition caused only a single wound to the Fighter. Nevertbe less, this left her dangerously low on hit points. In retaliation, she accurately threw a grenade into their midst, taking 5 out!

This seemed to enrage the bloatflies, who suddenly became deadly accurate, shotting off the last few HPs of the fighter, who died, having no more stims or food to keep her going.

The explorer was then able to finish off the last of the bloatflies. Finding only a toilet beyond the maintenance room, he returned down the other corridor, finding a final chamber. In a desk within the room, he found the Skills Book he was looking for, and was no able to return to the Vault-Tec guarentted saftey of the lower levels.

Thoughts

Well, as with any test game, lots of things came up.

How do you add objects if they are spawned as an unexpected event? Does the Overseer freely place them, or is their some randomisation?

The old damage system is very balanced at 2 vault dwellers per mission. But it was slow, and this confirmed the need for change.

Can players be locked in combat? Should all guns be able to shoot in combat, or should their be a minimum range for some weapons?  The explorer is way too bad at combat if shooting isn't an option.

If you are 'locked' in combat, can you escape with an agility test?

How exactly will radiation damage work?

So, plenty to think about. The game attracted a lot of interest around the club, and the feedback was "I would definately play this again and build a character over a few missions."

So, lots to go away and think about!