Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691156
  • Total Topics: 118377
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wish List: Plastic kits you would like to see?  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
Wish List: Plastic kits you would like to see?
« on: October 18, 2016, 04:00:10 PM »
For those of you who use, or would use, the official Frostgrave models, what sort of kits would you like to see?  Obviously, marketability would prevent some kits from seeing the light of day, but one can always hope.

My list:

1.  Plastic wizard kit.  Perhaps a smaller kit with only ten models and a ton of extra heads, arms, and bits.  This might not be quite as marketable outside of Frostgrave, but wizards are almost always needed for fantasy games.  The Games Workshop Empire wizard kit is okay, but it lacks the generic and iconic wizard aesthetic.  I won't be surprised if a kit like this is released in the future, but who knows?

2.  Armored soldier kit.  It would be great for assembling knights, Templars, marksmen, etc.  Maybe one or two of the body sculpts could have lighter/leather armor, in order to make men-at-arms and such with a bit of armor.  Probably won't see the light of day.

3.  Plastic accessory kit with variant heads, arms, and bits, much like the metal forester sculpt on Northstar (I prefer working with plastic these days).  Maybe throw in things like a war dog and some variant treasure tokens to widen the appeal.  I'm fairly certain that we won't see something like this, but it would be awesome.

4.  Monster kits.  I would love to see generic orcs again after GW went off the deep end with their aesthetics, but it seems that gnolls already fulfill that role, being crude and barbaric.  Maybe it could be something like evil dwarves, some sort of goblinoid-sized creatures, etc.  Undead would be a logical choice, with parts to make skeletons, ghouls, and zombies, but the cultist kit partially fills that role already.  Since mammalians monsters are already covered by the gnolls, perhaps something like draconic humanoids who worship a slumbering frost dragon.  Any suggestions?

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Wish List: Plastic kits you would like to see?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
Yes please. All of these.

(particularly the armoured soldiers)
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:16:59 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing "professional" repackages of other lines for use in Frostgrave (like what was done with mantic's undead pack). Perhaps with Perry Hundred Years War or Mantic Goblins but with a single accessory spruce that would allow conversions like the famous "mordheim sprue". Perhaps a monster package deal featuring scenerio packs or piticular random monster tables.

I would love a formal "Ruins Pack" of all the plastic ruins thusfar with additional terrain presented as a terrain system. An affordable and "astheticaly & tactically aceptable" amount of terrain for a 2x2 play surface. Perhaps in 2-3 packs (walls, ruined tower, crypt)

I would like "arcane terrain" for some of the more famous locations- cast in the stile of  armorcast.

With regards to humans- perhaps "city guard" would be an interesting set? Or perhaps a larger set with a sprue of each (Gnolls, Barbarians, Humans, Cults) in a single box like the old fantasy warrior set?

I NEED MORE PROFESIONAL PHOTOS OF THIS GAME...

Offline Roger

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »
A wizard pack with staffs and more magical looking weapons , open haded left arms/hands , maybe a collection of weapons ?
Also a female set, amazon/sister warrior/barbarian type but clothed with frostgrave in mind.
sewer dwellers whatever that my encompass
Oh and pumpkin heads for that halloween feel lol

Roger
You know its a good day when, you wake up and your elbows dont hit wood :)

Online Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »
Elves. I would love to see generic DnD or Tolkien-inspired elves and I think it could be a big hit. I don't think there are any really good elf kits out there today, except maybe the Mirkwood Rangers by GW.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 09:57:09 PM »
Plastic wizards, creatures, heavily armoured soldiers, elves, and dwarves are what I want. I do not like metal or resin miniatures. I prefer using plastic. I would use GW minis, but I don't need 10 or twenty of the same kind of weapons.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 10:15:08 PM »
Or perhaps a larger set with a sprue of each (Gnolls, Barbarians, Humans, Cults) in a single box like the old fantasy warrior set?

Thats a very interesting idea - very low cost to produce as all the moulds exist, but should sell well, as people either want a few more, or want a good mix to kit bash.

For Frostgrave, Wizards, Armoured Troops and undead would all seem good options.  Perhaps a mixed box of Wizards and armoured troops, would work as you won't want too many of each.

The problem with Perry stuff compared to the Frostgrave ranges, is that the Perry stuff is very slender in comparison - not really the same style. But Mantic stuff is much more in keeping - so there may be some tie in possibilities there.

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 10:21:33 PM »
A box with parts to make wizards, apothecaries and trackers would be good, lots of staffs

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 12:07:18 AM »
As I mentioned in the nickstarter thread I'd love to see parts for both wizards and women, either as a single sprue or separate. I also think it would be great if the next kit had a bit fewer arms with attached weapons and some more accessories - pouches, books, potions, etc.