Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battle Systems Sci-Fi II Terrain Kickstarter  (Read 3891 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: Battle Systems Sci-Fi II Terrain Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 01:55:10 PM »
The alien infestation stuff is available if I'm reading it correctly - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-ii-terrain/posts/1739747

I need to update my pledge amount with a couple of new things, mainly the detention cells and infestation stuff. I'd rather they did the tower and dome separately, as I really like the tower and really dislike the dome.

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 08:21:29 PM »
If you aren't familiar with Battle Systems miniatures terrain, you NEED to take a look!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...in/description

The current offering is the Sci-fi II terrain that has a multitude of flavors/textures...Frontier for some grittier, fringe setups; Galactic for your core worlds, well maintained and funded capital ships, and royal worlds; and Outlands for your free-standing structures.

But that isn't all. Battle Systems just set-up add-ons for their last KS sets...the Urban Apocalypse City Block and Shanty Towns.

Every core set of Frontier, Galactic, &/or Outlands nets you a complete set of ALL the free stretch goal terrain...currently at 94 pieces of free terrain. A record number out of their four terrain Kickstarters. Each core set gives you a spectacular quality 2x2 play mat (many of the different styles can be used together) and more than enough terrain to fill that space with multi-level layouts for roleplaying and miniatures gaming. The list of games that I plan to use this terrain for is lengthy indeed! The terrain is also HIGHLY modular and adaptable. In fact, don't let the glorious pictures limit your imagination. Use the Outlands pieces to make a shuttle or dropship. Use the Infestation add-on bits as webbing or cobwebs for your horror, dungeon, archeological site setups. You can think of these bits as Legos in that you do NOT need to build what is on the box.

Everything comes precut and printed. You just need to punch out the bits and assemble to your liking. For most terrain elements, glue is optional and seldom necessary. Walls and such use special, included clips to attach to each other. Levels can be created to lift off of rooms below them for ease of gameplay. If you want to go the extra mile, you can ink pen the edges of the card, but I do this to a limited bit only. I find the terrain is good enough for my needs as is generally, but if you want that item or two to just pop a bit more, then a little penning along the card edge is worth the time.

We are just about in the last day of the KS campaign. I've been in all of the Battle Systems' terrain Kickstarters, this being the fourth, and I can't say enough good things about the quality of the product (which improves with every KS) or the timely shipping of the product.

It's worth taking a look at!

This orange banner of doom is the (current) list of freebies that you get with EVERY core set pledged for:

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 05:21:12 PM »
For the love of my wallet...

Battle Systems have added a couple of Gothic texture add-ons for all of those 40k, dark future, steampunk, dark cathedral setups you crave!

Just a little over 6 hours to go!

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 06:06:58 PM »
The latest update shows how well the Frontier core set and the Gothic texture add-on (and Infestation add-on, and Research Lab add-on) all mesh well together on a table.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-ii-terrain/posts/1742381#comments

Oh...and we added MORE freebies to each core set pledged for!  I think the Orange Banner of Awesome is now 102 items of freebie terrain per core set!

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »
And here's the updated Orange Banner of Awesome...freebies fore EACH core set.

Order x2 core sets...bet x2 the items on that banner.

x3 core sets?  Yep...x3 orange banner items!

Right now, I think getting x3 sets is basically the same as getting a fourth set free with the amount of walls added!

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 07:09:49 PM »
Here are some pictures of the Infestation textures mentioned above.

Perfect for your Aliens (AVP), tyrannid, spider-web, and cob-web filled setups!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:13:55 PM by MidnightBlue »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 08:32:36 PM »
The alien infestation stuff is mighty cool.  Good luck!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!