Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) 3d printable SF buildings  (Read 809 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
(Kickstarter) 3d printable SF buildings
« on: March 08, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
New kickstarter up with stl files for 3d printing your own buildings - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1555279928/3d-printable-sci-fi-buildings-for-tabletop-wargame?ref=creator_nav

They're designed for 15mm, but it's claimed they should scale from 2mm to 28mm

$50 for the set of STL files (which to be honest, seems rather expensive, even though the models look nice)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: (Kickstarter) 3d printable SF buildings
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 12:37:01 PM »
Wow; those 3D models are really nice at least.

Although the price tag is hefty, considering the work that must have gone into the designs, I personally find the amount not to be excessive. Especially since after purchase, you'll be able to print as many as you'd like.

I'm immediately thinking of Dropzone Commander and Battletech; they're just the right kind of futuristic to fit within those settings, and the scale would be right on the dot as well.

Too bad that the resin-printer I pledged for has only a small footprint, or I might consider this offer; many of those buildings look like they'd be too big for it (I mainly bought it to print 28mm miniatures, furniture, fittings, doors, windows etc).

Still; with a cheap filament printer, this could well be worth it. Imagine a 6x4ft city table filled with these buildings...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: (Kickstarter) 3d printable SF buildings
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 06:54:33 PM »
Seems like they'd be better for smaller scales than large ones, as they don't have a lot of interaction going on for larger scale skirmish minis to mess with. But they still look quite nice. Also $50 seems fine for the number of files you'd get.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.