Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686487
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Primal Frontier  (Read 666 times)

Offline Eccentric Cowboy

• Assistant
    • Eccentric Cowboy Blog
Primal Frontier
« on: October 25, 2016, 02:54:19 PM »
I've been contemplating adapting a book series I've written to an RPG format. Truth be told, even when I was first imagining this series I kinda wanted it to be used as a template for other people to have adventures in. I've always loved how a lot of old style pulp stories had such detailed worlds that it felt like it wanted the readers to imagine their own adventures inside. Primal Frontier is a strange mixture of pulp, weird west, dino pulp, alternate history and colonial adventure. For those of you interested, the gist of the setting is that North and South America developed into a completely different geographic landmass in which all sorts of prehistoric wildlife has survived and is now being explored in the 1800's by hunters, prospectors and settlers. There are different tribes of natives, dangerous wildlife, lost civilizations, competing factions and all sorts of places to explore!

In my opinion at least, it lends itself very well to being a tabletop RPG, but call me out on that if you think I'm wrong. Anyway, if any of you have adapted other books to gaming I would love to hear your tips and opinions on how to do so! I truly think that this is a fun setup that has a lot of potential.  :D

For those of you interested in the books themselves, here's the link to the first book.
https://www.amazon.com/Primal-Frontier-Hunter-Red-Hills-ebook/dp/B00TE416RO
I will be honest, it does have its flaws which stand out like a sore thumb to me and I wish I could have changed back when I was starting, but as it is its a pretty darned fun adventure. :) I have a few others up and am in the midst of writing a fourth, if any of ya'll should be interested.

Oh, and if this happens to be in the wrong thread, please let me know so I can try to rectify the mistake. Appreciate all the help gents!  :D
Indie author, lover of history, literature and movie buff, Weird West and Paleopulp nut