Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Delgado's foray into Frostgrave(barbarians and summoners)  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Hoss Delgado

• Schoolboy
Delgado's foray into Frostgrave(barbarians and summoners)
« on: October 28, 2016, 06:04:43 PM »
Hi all,
 I've been playing frostgrave casually for a while and seeing other people post their projects in really inspiring so I thought I would throw my hat into the ring too.
Below is my Summoner Warband. It's a mishmash of various plastics and metals from the frostgrave range although I think I may well repaint the wizard in blue and grey into a more green and brown colour scheme so he matches better with the others.

I've also started a new barbarian war band in preparation for the new nickstarter. At the moment I have the two barbarians, the captain and maybe a wizard depending if I can find a suitable apprentice to match him.

Then to finish off I have two wip devourers for the scenario in the breeding pits supplement. They both need painting but I'm pleased with how they are looking so far although I am hoping I can hide some of the more obvious sculpting on the one on the left by painting it up as carapace. (innocent soon to be devoured spear man shown for size comparison)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:00:50 PM by Hoss Delgado »

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
Re: Delgado's foray into Frostgrave
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 07:44:44 PM »
Very good work. Those devourers look the business!

Offline Hoss Delgado

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:22:16 PM »
Thanks, I was rather lucky with them. Mierce Minis were offering miscast boxes of parts and I picked up a Jute themed one for fifteen quid. It came with a load of insect pieces that almost made two full mound beatles. With a big of putty I was able to rebuild the missing parts and make the two. I'm not sure what colour to paint them though. I'm leaning towards a brown or dark blue colour scheme at the moment.

Offline Jennifer

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 03:38:34 AM »
Looks nice.  Where did you get the Barbarians?  That's currently the only class I am lacking for my base set of soldiers.

Offline Wraith01

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 05:14:34 AM »
Looking good!

Offline Hoss Delgado

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 12:26:31 PM »
From left to right they are the promo chieftain from the last nickstarter, Vercingetorix from Warlord Games, The 'bad guy' barbarian from Frostgrave and the one on the right is a Mierce mini with a head from Kingdom Death Monster.
Ariovistus from Warlord games is also worth looking at and comes with two hounds which is always useful.

Offline Hoss Delgado

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 09:13:18 PM »
Update

Been a week or so since I first posted. I've been a little busy with job interviews and such but I have gotten some work done on the frostgrave front.
First up is one of the painted devourers. I was initially unsure on what colour scheme to do as I wanted to theme it to frostgrave but still keep it neutral enough to use in other systems. Eventually I decided on a gray with green detailing and then added a little blue to the shell. The other one will be done in a similar scheme but with blue instead of green.

I also finished painting Ariovistus and one of his hounds which will serve as another barbarian and warhound for my prospective barbarian warband. I also dug out a Carolingian Warlord from GB and repainted it to act as a knight.

Finally I received a half set of Loka models in a Mantic crazy box a long time ago and figured that they would work well as living statues if they were given a quick metal paint job. They've come out alright and I had a play with silver and bronze paints to see how they looked. Personally I think they came out pretty well.

Offline ayak333

• Librarian
Re: Delgado's foray into Frostgrave(now with devourers)
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 02:43:13 AM »
Love the kitbashed soldiers! also love the paint scheme!

Offline Hoss Delgado

• Schoolboy
Re: Delgado's foray into Frostgrave(now with devourers)
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 09:00:04 PM »
I received my Nickstarter on Monday so I knocked together a few of the barbarians to add some fodder to my barbarian warband. The new box set is great although the proportions are slightly larger so you can't directly kit bash the arms with the mercenaries or cultists which is a shame but on the bright side they work well with the gnoll parts and as a standalone kit they are pretty great. I built up the first sprue as three barbarians/berserkers and the other two as thugs or treasure hunters depending how you look at them.
This means my barbarian warband is more or less finished once I paint up the new wizard and apprentice. Although I reckon I am going to use the new crowmaster as the wizard as he looks suitably mystic with the hood and such.

I also dug out my original warband based around the summoner model and with an eastern theme for a bit of refurbishment. Some of the models still need a little touch up but they were all intact which was nice. I then added the captain model(the one with the fancy base that I use for D&D) and it's ready to go for team games. Most of the models were kit bashes with a few minor conversions such as turbans and join blending.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
Re: Delgado's foray into Frostgrave(barbarians and summoners)
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 06:10:23 PM »
Very nice 👍
I should be painting right now.