Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Playtesters needed for fantasy adventure/skirmish game  (Read 9557 times)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Playtesters needed for fantasy adventure/skirmish game
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 08:33:42 AM »
Thought as much :). Thanks for the insight!

Two more questions:
1. How long do torches last when lit?
2. Are there tables for the randomly appearing creatures and treasure chest available?

As far as I know the tables should be there in the next update  ;)
The table for "Critical Failure" is missing by now as well, for example.

Regarding torches I asked Joel if you could use it as weapon as well, because the troll takes double damage caused by fire  ;)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 08:57:09 AM »
Okay, I will work something out for Thursday's game. I think I will take 6 of the items and use them as treasures for the chest in room 2.
And yes, Torches should be usuable as weapons...because it's cool 8) (and it would work together with the Double Strike! ability for even more epic action).
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 09:08:47 AM »
Okay, I will work something out for Thursday's game. I think I will take 6 of the items and use them as treasures for the chest in room 2.
And yes, Torches should be usuable as weapons...because it's cool 8) (and it would work together with the Double Strike! ability for even more epic action).

When I played the first time I used the Health Potion, which should stand beside the chest, as treasure.
So you had to open the chest to get it.

And Double Strike using sword and torch would just be iconic for dungeon fighting  :D

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »
I have the perfect Ranger lined up for that...

And I will include the healing potion too. But a bit of randomness is always cool! I will tweak the list of items a bit to make sure all are useful for the rest of the scenario.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 09:32:36 AM »
My ranger :D

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »
I have the perfect Ranger lined up for that...

And I will include the healing potion too. But a bit of randomness is always cool! I will tweak the list of items a bit to make sure all are useful for the rest of the scenario.

Aragorn is a nice choice.
I had to use quite some Health Potions in my first game, by the way.
Just saying ;)

My ranger :D
javascript:void(0);

I'm using the same  :D

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 12:50:43 PM »
Thought as much :). Thanks for the insight!

Two more questions:
1. How long do torches last when lit?
2. Are there tables for the randomly appearing creatures and treasure chest available?

Hi!

1. For now they last forever :) , I have not come up with a good system for this so I´m open for suggestions.  I have put some thought into torches but I have not decided wich way to go yet. I want to have some kind of penalty for not having a character being equiped with at torch in a dark environment maby a -1 on all rolls or something like that. The torch will be usable as a weapon as suggested :)  For now you can use the same dammage as a club and this counts as fire dammage.

2. They are on their way:) Hopefully I will be able to put it together during the end of this week including the critical failure (much better word:) chart

Awesome miniatures!

Until the last torch!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 01:05:10 PM »
Maybe give it an expiration roll? So a roll to check how long it lasts. Check each time you enter a new board tile. For instance: Burns on 3+. Each tile you enter, roll a D6. On a 1-2, the fire fizzles.

And another idea/suggestion:
In the Initiative phase, you first determine who goes first. Then for the bad guys you randomly the activation order. Now, Thursday I will be the "Dungeon Master" for the game and it would be great if I had some choice too ;). So I thought of the following:
1. Determine who activates first.
2. Both sides build their activation order. So the hero(es) determine the order of activation and the DM does the same. Place the hero and monster cards in the right order (so if the heroes go first it will be hero-monster-hero-monster-etc.) in a stack of cards.
3. One by one, activate the models. Flip one card at a time, so activation will remain interesting and surprising!
So each side only knows the order of activation of their models. Hopefully they read the other side's intentions well and anticipated in the right way.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 01:11:44 PM »
Maybe give it an expiration roll? So a roll to check how long it lasts. Check each time you enter a new board tile. For instance: Burns on 3+. Each tile you enter, roll a D6. On a 1-2, the fire fizzles.

I had the very sae idea!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline KJoelN

• Bookworm
    • Irrbloss miniatures
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 02:04:05 PM »

And another idea/suggestion:
In the Initiative phase, you first determine who goes first. Then for the bad guys you randomly the activation order. Now, Thursday I will be the "Dungeon Master" for the game and it would be great if I had some choice too ;). So I thought of the following:
1. Determine who activates first.
2. Both sides build their activation order. So the hero(es) determine the order of activation and the DM does the same. Place the hero and monster cards in the right order (so if the heroes go first it will be hero-monster-hero-monster-etc.) in a stack of cards.
3. One by one, activate the models. Flip one card at a time, so activation will remain interesting and surprising!
So each side only knows the order of activation of their models. Hopefully they read the other side's intentions well and anticipated in the right way.

I like both ideas! It would be awesome if you could test this when you play and get back to me how it went. You count every room without a torch on the wall(If I'm not mistaken I described it in the scenario) as dark with a penalty of -1 on all rolls if not equiped with a torch on one of the heroes. Maby a torch should have a radius or is this to much to keep track of?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2016, 02:10:17 PM »
I think that would make it a bit of a hassle. Having a torch light a board tile seems fast and cool, especially if parties split up somewhere (with scenarios that have tight timing for instance). With torches having the chance of fizzling I think it can add a bit of excitement. I also see nice ideas of creatures (or abilities) that get extra bonuses when fighting in the dark. For instance, a Goblin Sneak who gets Back Stab when fighting in the dark.
I'll test it all this Thursday!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 02:30:10 PM »
Radius would be too much hassle.

Creatures getting a + while fighting in the dark and getting a - fot fighting against someone holding a torch sounds cool though.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 02:34:39 PM »

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 03:14:26 PM »
Do you want grammar and style feedback?  I can mark up the PDF like nobody's business.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »
I like both ideas! It would be awesome if you could test this when you play and get back to me how it went. You count every room without a torch on the wall(If I'm not mistaken I described it in the scenario) as dark with a penalty of -1 on all rolls if not equiped with a torch on one of the heroes. Maby a torch should have a radius or is this to much to keep track of?

Like the others said, radius would be to much, and I'm pretty sure you forgot to mention that -1 penalty in darkness ;)

Will test the torch-rules as well then.