Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691093
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers presents....End of Empires  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers presents....End of Empires
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 05:27:04 PM »
I've got the Italians doing that this time (no Greeks to speak of I'm afraid!)  Excellent background stuff guys, many thanks again
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
I've got the Italians doing that this time (no Greeks to speak of I'm afraid!)  Excellent background stuff guys, many thanks again

No problem!
In fact I am afraid at the time your games are set, Greeks had lots much more problems to think off!
[ Just to give some small idea:
1912-1913 1st balkan war
1913 2nd balkan war
1916 divided nation (incl. foreign intervention, blockage of Piraeus, and much more)
1917-1918 WW1
1919 intervention against Bolsheviks (Ukraine and Crimea)
1919-1922 Asia Minor campaign, Greek-Turkish war! [ended with a disaster in Asia Minor, a nation of 5m people had to accept and incorporate approx. 1,5 refugees]
1923-1924 abolishement of Monarchy, proclamation of Republic, later vice-versa and so on]
Italy invades and seize the island of Corfu for 1 month (1924)
some operettic coups and a dictatorship
1935 restoration of monarchy
1936 fascist dictatorship
1940 October 28, italy invades greece, WWII starts]

I don't find any reason or even time for anyone  to think to make any expedition to find the 3000 Kalash in the depths of Pakistan (British Empire at that time!)

The only excuse I can find:
The majority of the Greek Army of intervention against Bolsheviks was left over in Odessa. They marched on foot to reach Romania, if by any chance made a small mistake and marched the other way, where they could find themselves??? In mesopotamia or the High pamirs via Caspian??

Sorry, Ignatieff, I don't want to steal your thread, just to show there is no offense about non inclusion any Greeks [Now I am thinking you can use one or two figures....]
I am still anxiously waiting to see your next exploits in the era! 

BTW please check your Italians, 1923 Italy became fascist, so, you have an excuse to make except Alpini and some Blackshirts (in black fascist fez, too!)

argsilverson

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »
I see your point re the Greeks!

Re the Italians. you do of course refer to the history of the real world.  Things have turned out differently in Kriegspieler land.  As the Germans have had their reparations cut on the back of Von Stauffenerg presenting the British Museum with the treasures of Alexander found in the Taklakaman desert (see 'Iskander's Gold') there is therefore no general economic crisis in Germany and hence the rise of fascism has been - at least - delayed...

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »
I see your point re the Greeks!

Re the Italians. you do of course refer to the history of the real world.  Things have turned out differently in Kriegspieler land.  As the Germans have had their reparations cut on the back of Von Stauffenerg presenting the British Museum with the treasures of Alexander found in the Taklakaman desert (see 'Iskander's Gold') there is therefore no general economic crisis in Germany and hence the rise of fascism has been - at least - delayed...

Sorry, Ignatieff please note following:
1.- Fascism in Italy was not due to the economic crisis. Remember that Italy was with the victors and hence had not to pay any idemnities. Yes in the alternative world of kriegsspielers might have been delayed as you state.
2.- Italy was a separate case. Involved in the war along with the Entende forces and fought against the central powers. Main reason was to gain territories formerly in AH empire.
After the end of WWI Italy was a divided country, since failed to secure those territorial gains.
Mussolini formed his party on 1919!
30.000 fascists made the famous "march to Rome" on 1922 and persuaded the king to seize power to Mussolini , so fascism was established in Italy as early as 1922!

So, that's why, blackshirts in the high Pamirs!

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 11:10:55 PM »
In the meantime I found a lovely animated map showing the rise of fascism in Europe:

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/euro1935.htm

Dear Ignatieff,
Of course you may not use blackshirts in your adventures in the High Pamirs!
I do no think that by 1925+ Italy has so many batallions of blackshirts to export to the high pamirs.
They were needed back home!
Anyhow they were mainly adhoc united with the regular army units.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:15:53 PM by argsilverson »