Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:01:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690914
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 620
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Played a Dark Alkemy scenario and...  (Read 1066 times)

Gabbi

Played a Dark Alkemy scenario and...
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:22:17 AM »
Yesterday, since we were just two of the usual three players playing the campaign, we decided to try a Dark Alkemy scenario. We played the burning skeletons one (changing the burning skeletons in spectres with chilling touch, lacking proper minis and scenic elements for alchemical lab). Since the scenario is intended for starting warbands and our mages were 3 and 4 level respectively, we also decided that when rolling D6 to randomly determine spawn spot on a roll of 6 we had to reroll for spawning spot and add one zombie to the burning skeleton/spectre, placed on the spawning spot next to the one rolled. Even this way, after some turns we were dominating the game and commenting half-way between bragging and complining "heh, this way game's will be over soon", "yeah, that's too easy"... "with two players, this scenario should spawn two monsters per turn", "right, let's do it" so we did. But our arrogance wasn't left unnoticed, and dice decided to lay punishment on us. lol. In a couple turns we got our asses kicked badly: friend's warband wiped out, my wizard killed and my soldiers escaping with just two treasures... I was thinking on grabbing on last treasure before leaving, but TWO spectres spawned in the spawning point right next the treasure I was trying to get. Luckily, no permanent losses. We shared treasure and felt happy our wiz will be able to fight another battle ^^
So, the lesson we learned is, if you want to brag about the game, do it so your dice don't hear you :D

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Played a Dark Alkemy scenario and...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 10:23:53 AM »
woops :D
That game is my favorite from the three. With the randomly spawning skeletons and the (small) competition between players to get the treasures it can be tense. And it's lots of fun!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”