Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690713
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1026
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What are you working on for 2017?  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
Re: What are you working on for 2017?
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 10:28:24 AM »
So remainder of this year and 2017....

Finish the British 4th Division for Talavera, to go with my completed 3rd Division.
Finish my Portuguese Brigade, Cacadores to do.
Add another Squadron to my 14th and 16th Light Dragoon Regiments.
Get some British Peninsula Heavies.

Finish my Lion Rampant retinue.

Decide on a period for Sharp Practice 2 and sort out the armies, current options FIW, AWI or use left over Naps.

Tony.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 12:16:29 AM »
Getting back into regular viewing of Lead Adventure, for starters! I slipped out of the habit sometime in the last year or two and realized recently how much I missed this place!

I've been playing a lot of Infinity the last two years, and working on a tableful of space station scenery for that. It's playable and usable right now but detailing, finishing, and such is an ongoing project.

I've also decided I need to get back into pulp and Cthulhu-influenced pulp gaming. I have a batch of Bob Murch's awesome new fishmen on the painting table right now and have decided that my 2017 convention game will be some sort of fishmen/Dagon/Cthulhu thing. With the Murch fishmen nearly finished I've been looking at Reaper and elsewhere for another three or five tribes of fishmen or associated cultists. There's also some associated scenery work to go along with my existing pulp urban terrain.

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 02:17:52 AM »
I want my fishmen and I want them now!  Are you going to run that game at Trumpeter Salute?
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 03:00:47 AM »
I want my fishmen and I want them now!  Are you going to run that game at Trumpeter Salute?

That's the plan, and at whatever Spring gaming thing happens here in Victoria!

I'll start a thread over in either Pulp or Cthulhu sometime later this week, and I'm planning a Reaper order next paycheque to add further fishmen to the mix.

Immortal Cult of Dagon vs Eternal Brethern of Dagon vs Southern Reformed Dagonite Church, or something like that!. All competing to recover the lost Treasure of Dagon, drive humans insane, and be the best possible cultists of Dagon so that when they summon Dagon he's on their side and will smite the heretics!

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:46 AM »
Awesome!

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 05:24:52 AM »
My two main projects for 2017 are the Conan Kickstarter and a numkber of sci-fi figures for to-be-released Rogue Stars.
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 07:06:19 AM »
I think I'll change my workplan for 2017:

-First, finish the Heroquest commission job I'm doing at the moment.
-After that, paint my little Haqqislam force from Infinity to get it game-ready.
-Once the two above are completed, then I can focus on my Confrontation project: to paint small bands from every faction and trick people into play some games.

That'll do for a while.

Offline armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »
I am intending to start a 28mm AWI British army to face my Americans which are finished (unless I decide to add another brigade). It will be based on the Southern Theatre using mostly Perry metals. I am to just buy a unit at a time to avoid a depressing lead pile metaphorically weighing me down  lol

I still have many 28mm Greeks hoplites, Byzantines and Arabs and WW1 Brits still to do.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2016, 08:01:11 PM »
By the end of 2016 I hope to have my Sci-fi Train finished so I can start fresh on new projects.

Each year I lock myself into a goal by promising an enlargement of the Mech Attack 28mm game I put on at Adepticon.  For 2017, I included "Air Transport Units" in the game description.  That's going to mean converting and painting up at least 6 aircraft by April. 

My other projects will be:

-Painting up the RAFM Airship Pirates (when they arrive) and using them to game In Her Magesty's Name.
-Working up a few more units of Squats and some general grimdark figs for a long-distance-Rogue-Trader-project with a buddy of mine.
-Finishing up an expanded Elevated Train system for my Sci-Fi layout. 

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2016, 09:11:28 PM »
Continue adding to my Apocalypse Isle project (both terrain & more miniatures)

Plus more of:

Battlestar Galactica
Aliens
Dune
Stargate
Planet of the Apes

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2016, 03:36:49 AM »
Nothing new for 2017.  I still have a few 2016 (and 2015) miniature projects to finish.  Of course if I attend a convention that might change.  For RPG's COC and Conan will begin the year.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Online marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2016, 07:48:32 PM »
This year was the year of the Warlord Chinese for me and pretty successful. I will finish a unit of porters on my painting table and then maybe take a short rest from China for a while though I have an infantry unit and bandits based, undercoated and ready to paint. I have decided next year will be the year of Darkest Africa.  I have made some excellent purchases on eBay and here on LAF  that need paint and I have wanted to expand my village and construct a palisade. I bought a couple of packs of chopsticks from a Chinese shop going out of business years ago. One of them has carved figures at the end of them, which would be a perfect Pulpy look for my palisade. I have also bought a number of cork coasters and prepared them as bases for smaller huts. Now I just need to summon my mojo!
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.