Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A strange and distant land (my pulp terrain) Now with 70% more monsters  (Read 11449 times)

Offline BugPope

• Librarian
Re: A strange and distant land (my pulp terrain) Now with 70% more monsters
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2016, 09:34:36 PM »
Was going to clean up the place, but got distracted and accidentally painted a mammoth instead. What do you think of the base? Too flowery?

Mammoth by DeeZee. I have mixed feelings about it as a model: the sculpting is beautiful, and very realistic.
On the other hand, the resin had a bunch of bubbles, the tusks had to be bent into shape by hand (which was a pain, especially when one of them snapped in half) and theres no slot for the tail. So it's a great model, but requires a lot of green stuff to work.

Also finished my fifth hut.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:48:37 PM by BugPope »
If you're convincing yourself that you're infallible, you can never improve.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2016, 10:29:41 AM »
Those jungle huts are fantastic
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2016, 05:14:21 PM »
Nice work! And the bases look good as well.

Offline BugPope

• Librarian
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2016, 02:30:12 AM »
Been painting Japanese mythology stuff lately (check out my thread over in the far East subforum for that), so here's my first purely pulp figure in a while. I've named her Miriam, and while I'm still figuring out what her story is, she's definitely not someone you should mess with.
The model is by Lucid Eye. I'm not used to painting the female anatomy (I usually paint victoriana and such, there's not a lot of cleavage there), so the shading isn't great. Still needs some more work.

Offline BugPope

• Librarian
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »
Looking at all the junk in my apartment. On one hand, creating fantastical landscapes and making models satisfies me in a way that I've never felt felt doing anything else, it makes me proud and feel like I'm accomplishing something.

On the other hand, it has made me a very lonely man (none of the local tabletop nerds want anything to do with me. It's a long story, but basically I made the unforgivable mistake of talking back to a neo-nazi psycho who threatened to beat me up for childish reasons, and that was apparently the worst thing anyone could ever do according to the people at my local game store. And I know I shouldn't say this, but trying to discuss anything on Lead Adventure really has been frustrating, to say the least), I can't share it with anyone in my dump of a town, it's cost me a fortune, it hones no useful skills, it takes up a lot of space (making me even more tethered to this place, and I get nagged about it constantly) and I get a bitter feeling of regret every time I look at anything in room.
I wish being happy with just being me and doing what I'm good at was a possibility.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:47:11 AM by BugPope »

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2016, 01:40:37 AM »
Do our hobbies have to hone useful skills? If it makes you happy, and you create beautiful works that bring joy to other people across the world, what does it matter if it serves no mundane purpose? Cheer up! You said it yourself: "satisfies me in a way that I've never felt doing anything else, it makes me proud and feel like I've accomplished something."

You said a mouthful there, brother!

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2016, 08:49:47 AM »
Cool thread, lots of great eye candy here. You've built up a great table set up.