Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:37:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685058
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Crowdfunding] Machine Gun Unit on Steam Horses - CANCELLED 28/1/17  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
Copper Mine Miniatures have launched there own crowd funding website, which operates in much the same way as the others other than you get charged after 7 days through Stripe. The Funds will then site in my Stripe account until the end of the funding period, if the project does not fund the backers will be refunded.

The 1st Project is the Machine Gun Unit of the Cog Division

http://www.copperprospector.co.uk/project-1/4593239766

This is running for quite a while as I am testing the system and leaning how it all works.

example of the artwork below this is the concept work of the Officer

The Gunner is already sculpted, 3D Printed, masters cast and I am waiting for a display model to be painted.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:53:41 PM by Richard »
Regards
Richard
Grumpy Old Git

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
Re: [Crowdfunding] Machine Gun Unit on Steam Horses (Cog Division)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:24:12 PM »
This has now got 57 days to run, I will start promoting it more widely in the new year. Any other comments or feedback are welcome.

In the mean time Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
Funding ends on the 12th Feb 2017

Here are more of the artwork designs

The project includes a free figure at certain pledge levels of a sentry figure with a choice of heads.

Please feel free to share this project around.

http://www.copperprospector.co.uk/project-1/4593239766
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:57:08 PM by Richard »

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »
 Hi Richard, these are really nice but I must admit the  cog horses themselves just don't appeal to me. I have tried to think why.  I have concluded that to me the design is too good- by that I mean too sensible. It is not silly enough to be in my own idea of VSF. (whereas the upcoming 1 wheeled hobby horses from Steam Bait hit the silly spot exactly)
I like your dismounted miniatures but there is not enough of them on your site to reach the minimum order amount.
I hope that you are not offended by my post, that was not my intention.
But I wish you best of luck with your project sir.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »
Hi Richard, these are really nice but I must admit the  cog horses themselves just don't appeal to me. I have tried to think why.  I have concluded that to me the design is too good- by that I mean too sensible. It is not silly enough to be in my own idea of VSF. (whereas the upcoming 1 wheeled hobby horses from Steam Bait hit the silly spot exactly)
I like your dismounted miniatures but there is not enough of them on your site to reach the minimum order amount.
I hope that you are not offended by my post, that was not my intention.
But I wish you best of luck with your project sir.

Interesting point of view, I based these on a mix of existing artwork, not least the in IHMN. Being very engineering and historical minded I lack some imagination perhaps. I thought these might be more wacky with the heavy horse and big machine gun.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:09:59 PM »
Interesting point of view, I based these on a mix of existing artwork, not least the in IHMN. Being very engineering and historical minded I lack some imagination perhaps. I thought these might be more wacky with the heavy horse and big machine gun.

Ah! I did suspect maybe you had an engineering background. Is the Mitchell horse slightly smaller? I think I like the design of that one better, and the poses of the Western riders are really superbly natural. Its the big cogs in place of the mane on the heavy horse that are a visual turn off for me; they look a bit contrived.
 I will certainly keep an eye on your site. A few more dismounted figures like the farrier wouldn't come amiss.

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:23:34 PM »
The std cog and mitchell are the same size detail differences, the heavy for the farrier and machine gun crew are bigger. The Cog mane was my idea it sort of worked as I had in mind. I think I got the first batch in parade order a bit stiff that was my idea. Machine gun crew will be a lot more dynamic as per artwork. There may well be more dismounted troopers depends on whether this range takes off!

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 10:31:16 PM »
So the Household Cavalry will also fit the Mitchell?
I would maybe buy a couple of steam horses and have them hitched up to a standard Victorian carriage or one with a Hansom cab. I would also buy one to go with a Victorian lady riding sidesaddle in full riding habit, or a group of male riders in hunting regalia. You have got me thinking now. I must look for suitable miniatures....

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »
I have not directly tested as the saddle area changed slightly but height and widths are the same. Some filing or filling to fit may be required.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 10:52:41 PM »
I seem to have talked myself into buying a couple of horses. How did that happen? lol

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 03:14:43 PM »
I seem to have talked myself into buying a couple of horses. How did that happen? lol

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:42 PM »
I have today received the painted display master of the machine gunner picture below.

Pledging ends 15th February at http://www.copperprospector.co.uk/project-1/4593239766

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 05:25:51 PM »
Please can I have some feedback, what if anything is putting you off from backing this?

Please be respectful I am trying to learn, so is it the new website, the figures, the concept or something else? If these are not to your taste I suppose I don't really need to know. Its those that are interested but are reluctant to pledge that I am trying to reach out to.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Richard

• Librarian
  • Oh-dear
Re: [Crowdfunding] Machine Gun Unit on Steam Horses - CANCELLED 28/1/17
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »
I have cancelled this project and the other on Copper Prospector. This one is now live on Kickstarter I will start a new thread for it and suggest we call this thread closed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/926673037/machine-gun-unit-of-the-cog-division-vsf-28mm-mini

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [Crowdfunding] Machine Gun Unit on Steam Horses - CANCELLED 28/1/17
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 03:04:46 PM »
Good luck dude!