Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mass Effect head conversion parts - interested?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
Mass Effect head conversion parts - interested?
« on: November 28, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
My good friend and talented sculptor Admiral is making these "generic sci-fi heads".  These are inspired by Mass Effect - with some added details. (something something legal stuff).

I convinced him to do these as I've always wanted myself a Commander Shephard team of miniatures. Contains a not-quarian, not-krell, not-turian, not-krogan, not-asarii and not-salari (and a bonus not-protoss).

What Admiral would love to know, is he should get a mold made of these and get them cast. Will he be able to sell enough of these to pay for the cost of the mold and casting. These will be cast in metal to keep cost down.

I've already bought a Commander Shephard from Brother Vinnis and have a Dreadball robot looking just like Legion.

Also: Is there interest in him cloning the Krogan and Turian heads? To make a set of 5 for making entire squads.

Thanks for your input.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: Mass Effect head conversion parts - interested?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:32:38 PM »
Yes please! I'd love enough of the hi-tech bad guy heads to replace a load of Deadzone Enforcers' with especially, but the aliens would be absolutely amazing to have :)

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »
Yes, I would definitely be interested!  :-*

Depending on cost/availability/scale (and whether there are male & female versions of each ME-inspired race), I'd nominally be down for maybe a dozen sets? Possibly more?  :D

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 12:20:55 PM »
I would also be interested IF they are scaled to fit true 28mm figures like Mantic, CP, Statuesque and Sedition Wars.
I have no interest in "28mm heroic" pumpkin head style.

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »
The heads are the size above, and that's a Mantic Enforcer head next to them. So that's the size they are in. Do they seem too big?

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 01:06:37 PM »
The heads are the size above, and that's a Mantic Enforcer head next to them. So that's the size they are in. Do they seem too big?
In my view, yes they seem a touch too big. If you were to remove the helmet from the mantic trooper, the head would be smaller still.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 01:31:27 PM »
In my view, yes they seem a touch too big. If you were to remove the helmet from the mantic trooper, the head would be smaller still.

Agreed, some of the more obvious Alien heads (2nd, 4th and 5th row) will work with true scale figures but will look strange/shrunken on 28mm heroic (GW, Victoria Minis, Spellcrow, Pig Iron etc).
The others seem perfect for the bulkier "heroic" ranges but too large for the "true 28s"

Will be a problem if you intend selling in mixed packs, less so if you sell by specific head types. You will need some good pictures of the heads next to GW Cadian, Space Marine heads etc to show the different sizing.

The 3 smaller ones I would certain buy for conversions.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:34:15 PM by robh »

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »
Thank you for your input gentlmen - I've send in on to Admiral (who isn't on this forum).

The conversion heads are send off to CMM (Custom Made Minis) who's done work for Admiral on the other models he has made. Now it's two to three months before the bits are in hand. When that breaks even, he'll pick it up again, redo some heads to be smaller etc.

You can check out his other - amazing work - on AdmiraltyMiniatures.blogspot.dk.