Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Did Warlord buy Lucid Eye?  (Read 2059 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Did Warlord buy Lucid Eye?
« on: December 10, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
I was down at my local game shop and saw they had the full Lucid Eye Range... but packaged as a miniature line by Warlord Games! "Secret Earth" or somesuch.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
Re: Did Warlord buy Lucid Eye?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »
Don't know if they bought the range ... but they sure sell it.

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/savage-core/

"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:57:43 PM »
Ah yes! That was what it was called.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 09:25:28 PM »
There's some peculiar pricing there £7.50 for three figures ,and £4.50 for a single figure. Not a fan of the 'hero price' price strategy .especially when the character is no bigger (or even a more complicated multi part figure) than a rank and file blister figure.
The sculpting lovely .the pricing strategy not so much.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 10:10:28 AM »
Lucid Eye is Steve Saleh's baby.

Steve was hired by Warlord to work on its Doctor Who range.  At that point, Warlord started selling Lucid Eye's "Savage Core" range of Lost World type miniatures.

However, Warlord does not seem to be selling Lucid Eye's "Lucidea" range, described by Steve as "miniatures for a psychedelic future history" - you'll probably recall the figures inspired by Ziggy Stardust and A Clockwork Orange.

Both "Savage Core" and "Lucidea" are available from Arcane Scenery and Models:
http://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/product-category/lucid-eye/

I don't know what the corporate or commercial arrangements are that underly all this.  There is a Lucid Eye Facebook page, but it mainly just shows models (including some very appealing "Lucidea" ones that haven't been released anywhere yet, as far as I know.):
https://en-gb.facebook.com/lucideyeminiatures/

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 10:56:06 AM »
Sitting in on this, should new info surface...  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'd buy from Arcane as I've had good service from them in the past and I notice they sell the hero figures for a lot less money.

Hopefully this is just a reseller deal with Warlord.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 01:33:55 PM »
Lucid Eye is Steve Saleh's baby.

Steve was hired by Warlord to work on its Doctor Who range.  At that point, Warlord started selling Lucid Eye's "Savage Core" range of Lost World type miniatures.

However, Warlord does not seem to be selling Lucid Eye's "Lucidea" range, described by Steve as "miniatures for a psychedelic future history" - you'll probably recall the figures inspired by Ziggy Stardust and A Clockwork Orange.

Both "Savage Core" and "Lucidea" are available from Arcane Scenery and Models:
http://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/product-category/lucid-eye/

I don't know what the corporate or commercial arrangements are that underly all this.  There is a Lucid Eye Facebook page, but it mainly just shows models (including some very appealing "Lucidea" ones that haven't been released anywhere yet, as far as I know.):
https://en-gb.facebook.com/lucideyeminiatures/

Is it just me, I can't see any prices on their site?

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 04:00:55 PM »
Aren't these figures supposed to be used for a "savage core" game setting and rules?  I seem to remember seeing some ads about this at some point earlier in the year. I thought it was going to be produced by Warlord?

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 07:14:03 PM »
Commander Roj, the prices are all there when I look at the Arcane Scenery website.

axabrax, back in January, Warlord said:
"Coming soon will be the brutish Neanderthals, gifted with superhuman strength but cursed with superstitious imaginings, the Jaguar Tribe from the exotic Southern Jungles, armed with strange weapons of black volcanic glass, and the Hoplite soldiery of Atlantis loyal troops of the Immortal Empress [all since released] and more! Following these will be further releases to enrich the setting as well as a Savage Core rules set currently in development!
"Welcome to the Savage Core, from Lucid Eye, produced by Warlord Games and now available direct from the webstore."

There doesn't seem to be much more solid info.  But I did notice that if you choose the "show Warlord Games products" option to determine eligibility for the current 15% off sale in Warlord's webstore, Savage Core seems to qualify.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »
Commander Roj, the prices are all there when I look at the Arcane Scenery website.

axabrax, back in January, Warlord said:
"Coming soon will be the brutish Neanderthals, gifted with superhuman strength but cursed with superstitious imaginings, the Jaguar Tribe from the exotic Southern Jungles, armed with strange weapons of black volcanic glass, and the Hoplite soldiery of Atlantis loyal troops of the Immortal Empress [all since released] and more! Following these will be further releases to enrich the setting as well as a Savage Core rules set currently in development!
"Welcome to the Savage Core, from Lucid Eye, produced by Warlord Games and now available direct from the webstore."

There doesn't seem to be much more solid info.  But I did notice that if you choose the "show Warlord Games products" option to determine eligibility for the current 15% off sale in Warlord's webstore, Savage Core seems to qualify

Seem OK for me now too. I hope we see some specific rules, although Pulp Alley would work admirably.

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 03:17:55 AM »
Man, I love that whole range.  So far, I've resisted buying anything (I most certainly do NOT need to add to my giant lead pile...), but it's the most tempting thing on the market for me these days.

-Alex in Alaska