Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:15:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690464
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: NRC5 - Frostgrave (Getting picture heavy)  (Read 4071 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
Re: NRC5 - Frostgrave
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 11:24:40 PM »
Productive!  Volume and quality.

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »
Nice scenery and minis. Thanks for sharing. How did you model the straps for your thug's backpack?

Offline Nrc5_is_online

• Student
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »
Nice scenery and minis. Thanks for sharing. How did you model the straps for your thug's backpack?

Green stuff and patience

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 02:50:07 PM »
Green stuff and patience

Cheers. I have the first (though not much skill with it) and have the second up to a point so I'll give this a try :)

Offline Nrc5_is_online

• Student
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 05:15:38 PM »
Okey dokey. Another update (Having a week off is really giving me a chance to be productive :) )

Fist, here are the additional creatures I painted yesterday (or finished off). We have a pair of bears, some giant rats, some wild dogs and an archer. Not too happy with the archer. Need to go back and re-do his hair and trousers methinks. Also, a couple of wizards retooled from older stuff of mine.

Now onto todays work. I decided I didnt like the style of buildings I had done before, so I essentially scrapped them all and restarted. I have re-build some, but some are totally new.

First, a few small houses in differing stages of built. The black one is ready for painting, the white one needs rubble adding (a mix of sand, pva and the odd bit of polystyrene chucked in for large chunks)

Next, I have rebuild the 2 story house from my first post. I kept the footprint complete with foundation stones, but rebuild the house completely

Next up, I rebuilt the blacksmiths. I scrapped the second room inside in favour of the remains of a second floor, and added a bit of roofing to the workshop area.

Next is my new favourite. A two story house with balcony walkway.

Lastly, I have rebuild the conjoined houses. I added the ruins of a two story house to the back as there was base space to fill, and I have plenty of loose ruin bits to build the remains of a house.

Offline Karadek

• Scientist
    • Xenia Gamers Club
Re: NRC5 - Frostgrave (Getting picture heavy)
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »
Love the Ice Toads!  I guess I could use my Shredders from Legion of Everblight.

Offline Nrc5_is_online

• Student
Re: NRC5 - Frostgrave (Getting picture heavy)
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »
Love the Ice Toads!  I guess I could use my Shredders from Legion of Everblight.

Thanks. I think they're one of my favourite Minis i've ever painted. Lots of character for such a simple sculpt.

Todays progress. Not as much as the last few days, but some still.

First, some skeletons. Noticed while uploading this that the skeleton swordsmans' shield is not finished. I'll get that done now. Like with all undead miniatures I do, they have gravestones on their bases (Renedra)

next, a couple of constructs. Both medium constructs, one is a brass golem, the other a bone golem.

And finally I have re-purposed my very first D&D character as a knight. He was originally a reaper dwarf, but I swapped his axe for a hammer on a chain and gave him an oversized tankard as a weapon. No prizes for guessing what type of dwarf he was :) Cant claim credit for painting him though, one of my friends did as he's far better than me, and I was only just getting back into models when we started playing D&D

Im running my first game of frostgrave/in-house rpg rules tomorrow. I'll try and take some pictures and sort out some sort of battle report.