Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:54:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686617
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Build Something Contest 2017  (Read 43462 times)

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Build Something Contest 2017 - DEADLINE REMAINS THE SAME. TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT
« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
That's Ok Jim...but just remember when you announce the winner grab the right Envelope lol
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Build Something Contest 2017 - DEADLINE REMAINS THE SAME. TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT
« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2017, 10:24:14 AM »
Never mind. Hope everything works out and we get to see what everyone has beavered away on.

(And I just wasted 20 minutes on badger and beaver Google images and YouTube... there are some crazy people willing to get up close and personal to those angry looking animals!)
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »
(And I just wasted 20 minutes on badger and beaver Google images and YouTube... there are some crazy people willing to get up close and personal to those angry looking animals!)

And there was me thinking that some of you must have a stash of these things already bookmarked for future (ab)use.
 ;)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2017, 06:58:58 PM »
Never mind. Hope everything works out and we get to see what everyone has beavered away on.

How up close and personal... you didn't google "badger beaver" did you?

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »
And there was me thinking that some of you must have a stash of these things already bookmarked for future (ab)use.
 ;)
I was just hoping that no one badgered Jim. 

And yes I do have a stash of these.  lol
Snitchy sends.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #455 on: February 27, 2017, 07:39:34 PM »
Countdown to the badger song

In

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #456 on: February 27, 2017, 09:03:21 PM »
You lot are a bunch of feckless and ungrateful children. Completing the wizard's tower must come first. It's a labour of love after all. :)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #457 on: February 27, 2017, 10:20:38 PM »
You lot are a bunch of feckless and ungrateful children. Completing the wizard's tower must come first. It's a labour of love after all. :)

:D

I was just hoping that no one badgered Jim. 

Look at how disappointed that Disappointed Badger is at the badgering going on.

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius

Not sure I can bear the wait....

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Absolutely amazing work :-* :o

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Fantastic quality alround! :-* I'm really honoured to be in with the rest of you talented guys in this competition!

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I'll echo the above comments,  there is a really high level of imagination and workmanship on display.

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
Voted, but it was hard. I don't know how I will decide on a vote from the finalists though... o_o

Edit: Well it seems I left out Group A and remembered why. I still can't choose an entry...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:16:47 PM by McMordain »

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I don't think you put anyone's nose out of joint the last time, but I think I've had a change of heart with it. My original thinking was its so easy to make repeated patterns and just copy and paste over your 3D design. But I hadn't really considered the whole making one model and casting it multiple times to get the same effect thing.

Personally, I think Hammers it right, let's have the discussion later, after the comp. It may be worth having a conversation about ANY processes we can use, be it 3D printing, sculpting, casting or laser cutting. Maybe change it for the next time?

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
I think it has been a great competition so far. I am really impressed with all the entries and sorry I couldn't finish my own.
Leave the rules as is.
Just add extra time for the slow pokes  :D
A bit more notice of the theme would be nice as I had a half finished ship I could have used :'(