Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690727
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Terminator Genisys...expanding...where to get the big ones?  (Read 4680 times)

Offline johnl5555

• Librarian
    • Wargamer Printing
Re: Terminator Genisys...expanding...where to get the big ones?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 06:47:51 PM »
  I stand corrected. The T-1 is a Playmates toy. I was talking about the Minimates one pictured here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINIMATES-TERMINATOR-2-JUDGEMENT-DAY-HUNTER-KILLER-TANK-/380509019323

These are the ones I have as well as the T-1's.

It's plenty large enough. Looks cool and was cheap when I bought mine.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:49:41 PM by johnl5555 »
Owner JS Wargamer Printing. 3D printing miniatures, buildings and terrain.
https://wargamerprinting.com/

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 09:31:57 PM »
If anyone's looking for Terminator miniatures River Horse have a 30% off sale at the minute. (no affiliation)

Just to mention this one again - the resin Spider Tank is now £28 in their store.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 10:19:23 PM »
I have one of these which works for 28mm quite well

yup I picked up one or two of those two. Not that I am gaming Terminator, but they are useful models.

Offline Maccwar

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 04:29:47 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:33:43 PM by Maccwar »

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »
If you're still in the market,  Here's an auction for a T-2 Movie Hunter Killer tank put out by Hollywood Collectibles Group maybe 7-8 years ago.  They don't come up very often.  I have one and there are some pros and cons.  They were produced in a rather light resin (same stuff that Applause uses for their figures if you're familiar with it).  I'ts a multipart cast, but it comes pre-glued and pre-painted out of the box.  On the up side it's much closer to gaming scale than the Pegasus one (11 inches long).  On the downside, it's cast from a rather poorly sculpted master.  The corners are wonky in places, the scribed panel lines rough and at least on mine, they didn't glue the head on straight.  The paint job is a straight up spray silver without any weathering with details painted on the orange and blue lights.

As a movie collectible it's crap, but as a gaming miniature it's not too shabby.  If I recall right, it retailed for somewhere around $40, so the current price is ok relative to that.  Might be preferable to the Pegasus kit if you want a movie tank.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192049147635?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 07:59:20 PM »
Looks ace! I think the price will be high (3 days to go, 4 bids in). And shipping is a killer (as always :(). But from the photos it looks great!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 11:52:28 PM »
If you're still in the market,  Here's an auction for a T-2 Movie Hunter Killer tank put out by Hollywood Collectibles Group maybe 7-8 years ago.  They don't come up very often.  I have one and there are some pros and cons.  They were produced in a rather light resin (same stuff that Applause uses for their figures if you're familiar with it).  I'ts a multipart cast, but it comes pre-glued and pre-painted out of the box.  On the up side it's much closer to gaming scale than the Pegasus one (11 inches long).  On the downside, it's cast from a rather poorly sculpted master.  The corners are wonky in places, the scribed panel lines rough and at least on mine, they didn't glue the head on straight.  The paint job is a straight up spray silver without any weathering with details painted on the orange and blue lights.

As a movie collectible it's crap, but as a gaming miniature it's not too shabby.  If I recall right, it retailed for somewhere around $40, so the current price is ok relative to that.  Might be preferable to the Pegasus kit if you want a movie tank.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192049147635?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I managed to get one of those too off of Akula a good few years back, very nice model.

Offline steders

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 07:00:00 AM »
That's the one! I managed to get a pair a few years ago. All of the heads are slightly scu-wiff. I had intended cutting them off and repositioning them. The track section seems better sculpted than the body. Possibly 2 different sculptors?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »
Okay, you guys made me browse the web for one...and I found a copy here in the Netherlands for €24,95 (so €31,90 including shipping). Ordered it right away 8)

Offline soulman

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »
Metal HK flyer and Tank coming April......

http://necaonline.com/category/licenses/movies/terminator-2/

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
I've got 2 of them as well, really nice but the body is leaning over slightly. I've thought about cutting it in half and magnetising it.
Pegasus do a 1/35th scale one as well

Are those the resin ones I sold?  Another started but never finished project of mine  :D

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 11:44:34 AM »
Looks Like I'll be picking up one of those Cinemachines tanks when they are released, a touch small perhaps but should work fine on the table top.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 07:31:58 PM »
What a PERFECT day this is! The mailman delivered two boxes and what did I find inside...

So the two Terminator Salvation plastic Hunter-Killers from Playmates (left and right, thanks nozza_uk!) and the resin Terminator 1&2 Tank Hunter-Killer from Hollywood Collectibles. And they look awesome for gaming. Enough detail, the right size (and the resin one is almost 1kg!). Perfect!

Terminator 1&2 Tank Hunter-Killer

(the casting's a bit wonky here and there and the paintjob is terrible, but for gaming this model is terrific!)

Terminator Salvation Aerial Hunter-Killer

Terminator Salvation T-1

(he'll be used as a Spider Tank in the Terminator game, a lighter version of the Tank...which seems suitable to me)

So excellent models and great for gaming. If you are into Terminator, get these. LAF, thanks for helping me out getting them (with special mentions to nozza_uk and rwwin).

Oh, and here's what happened *within 5 minutes* after opening the package...

lol
Duckhunt (the models can actually shoot! The Aerial HK shoots missiles and the T-1 shoots his miniguns..literally). He was so sad he had to go to bed after dinner that dad had to promise him he could play with them tomorrow after school :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:33:43 PM by Malebolgia »

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 11:03:17 PM »
 lol