Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:49:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689612
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WotR levy archers  (Read 1218 times)

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
WotR levy archers
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:37:13 PM »

I don't suppose anyone has heard the Perrys ever express interest in doing a box of plastic levies?

I'd really love to have a bunch of plastic levy archers.  I can squeeze some out of the WotR set but that seems really to be targeted towards liveried troops and painting the livery jackets over padded armor in non liveried clothes has its limits.  They make some nice metal billmen in the continental range that are perfect as levies.  I'd be happy with metals, but think about what you could do with levies in plastic.  Or, think about what Captain Blood could do with them anyway  :)

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: WotR levy archers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 11:24:14 PM »
I doubt they will.

I wish they would release more for their WOTR / European ranges though!

I get SO jealous seeing how many sets they release for Napoleonics and American Civil War. Those guys are spoiled!!!!

I think they could definitely justify more plastic WOTR sets. I mean the 'bows and bills' and 'mercenaries' sets technically cover bills, longbows, pikes, handguns and crossbows.... but with just 12 bodies, they are limited I think. Or at least you do start to run out of ideas when constructing large nubmers of them.

I would LOVE it if they released more sets, each with new bodies and heads. Lots of different combos of bodies they could do, different armour types and poses..... I'd love more bodies in heavier armour but not quite full plate myself, 'half-harness'. And move poses in livery jackets, and more poses with just jacks brigandines and mail shirts. And some better polearm arms with more suitable poses......

They'd need new themes for the boxes to justify them, but I think they could do it. One for just pikemen/halberdiers, just with polearms at 45 degrees, maybe even with the arms as part of the bodies, just seperate weapon hands..... Could be marketed as 'swiss infantry'. One for just longbowmen, with lots more variety of suitable poses, including some with riding boots for 'dismounted mounted longbowmen'.

Ahhhhhhhhhht the possibilties are endless, if only they'd give these ranges as much attention as they do their 19th century ones!

And even without other plastic sets, there are loads more metal sets they could put out, even if its just for different combos of armour / uniform / poses. A lot of their metal sets seem part of an incomplete range to me (for example you can have billmen standing in jacks, or weapons shouldered in livery jackets, but nothing else).

BUT.... I'm just daydreaming now.

I doubt we'll see any more.  :(
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:26:38 PM by Charlie_ »