Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:51:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My roster and qrs for Rogue Stars  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Daysman

• Librarian
My roster and qrs for Rogue Stars
« on: December 26, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »
Hi,
These are print screens of my personnal Roster and QRS.
I don't know how to put these documents for download (.pptx, .docx), but if somebody knows, I can send by pm.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:24:39 PM by Daysman »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My rooster and qrs for Rogue Stars
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:33:23 PM »
Oh, roster.  And here I was expecting a chicken-man alien, or maybe a Jerry Cantrell mini.

Offline Daysman

• Librarian
Re: My roster and qrs for Rogue Stars
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 07:23:17 PM »
Corrected :D
Thanks.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:42:01 PM »
Those look pretty good. Might I suggest adding the range modifiers to your shooting section.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:34:13 AM »
Thank. These look pretty good. I was wondering (but havent tried yet) if play might be sped up by treating the traits like "tough" or "marksman", which are used very frequently as part of a "profile"?

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:58:03 AM »
Not sure how you would cook up a profile. What would the "stat" categories be? One of the most common rolls in RS would be ranged attacks. But there are so many circumstantial modifiers that a "ballistic skill" stat would not be very useful anyway, even if it did take into account some trait (e.g., Marksman) modifying "to hit" rolls.

More basically, RS is designed to be open-ended like a RPG. There is no set list of the kinds of tests Characters might take - although the rule book already covers 25+ potential actions explicitly. A statline/profile is a little restrictive for this kind of gaming (unless it was basically a list of widely applicable modifiers, a la D&D).

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 05:07:43 PM »
Not sure how you would cook up a profile. What would the "stat" categories be? One of the most common rolls in RS would be ranged attacks. But there are so many circumstantial modifiers that a "ballistic skill" stat would not be very useful anyway, even if it did take into account some trait (e.g., Marksman) modifying "to hit" rolls.

More basically, RS is designed to be open-ended like a RPG. There is no set list of the kinds of tests Characters might take - although the rule book already covers 25+ potential actions explicitly. A statline/profile is a little restrictive for this kind of gaming (unless it was basically a list of widely applicable modifiers, a la D&D).

My suggestion would be to take all the skills which are regularly used and turn them into a WH-styl profile. So instead of checking whether a model has that particular skill, you just have to add/subtract the number from his profile.

As I said, i haven't tried it yet, but it might make the system quicker.

From reading the system once, the following skills could be summed up in such a profile:

MM: Marksman
Dif: Difficult Target
WM: Weapon Master (?also Martial Arts?)
Tgh: Tough

PSI : Psionic Master
Per: Perceptive
Stl: Stealth
Sdf: Steadfast
LD: Leadership

Just as an idea.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »
Again, we can try doing that with Marksman as an example, as ranged attacks are one of the most common rolls in the game. So let's say a Character has Marksman 3. That means he hits on a roll of 7 or more. So would his "BS" be 7? More importantly, did we actually make anything easier by saying so? There are 27 (!) modifiers in addition to a Character's level of Marksman that could affect the "to hit" TN of a given shot, and no way for a static profile entry to reflect them.

Rather than thinking about this in terms of profiles, which is kind of a square-peg-meets-round-hole situation, it may help to remember that most of the time the TN is 10. So all other things being equal, a Character generally has a 50-50 chance at succeeding. From there, the chance goes up or down (usually in 5-10% increments) depending mostly on the circumstances.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:59:56 PM by Manchu »