Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689661
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Jagannath's 28mm Rogue Trader - Noverian Constabulary and Bounty Hunters 20/3/21  (Read 18053 times)

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Next up; Elena Vurtok

Elena charts a freight course across the Reach, pushing a tired freight-jumper through a fair few scrapes. Not known for her strict adherence to imperial haulier codes, she isn't above stopping her jump to pick over the carcass of a space battle, or stashing a little contraband amongst the cargo supplies that usually fill (if she's lucky) the hull.

'Scuse the pic on this one, it's punished the pale colours a little, lost some nuance.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Hobby time is at an absolute low at the moment, insanely busy with work but I have had a bit of time to start some more pulp minis conversions (I've also started the dollies for 5 28mm (!!) sculpts, with a mind to sculpting some Rogue Trader Pirates-esque minis). I'll show them once I've done more.

This is a conversion of the russian sailor pulp mini

Not sure if I'll keep the booze bottle or not yet - I quite like the idea of a drunken pilot, so that may well stay. His helmet conversion is obviously inspired by Lobot (which I was reminded of whilst looking at the insanely good Art of Solo book). The mini originally has a bandana (or ribbon type thing) handing down the back of the neck, so I had to tidy up between the shoulder blades where I'd filed it off, so adding an upper panel to his top seemed a good opportunity to sci-fi him up a little too. I might still alter the waist to give the impression his pants and top are part of a one-piece jumpsuit. The Mauser looks very Star Wars as is, so that's fine!

Also started this chap

Sci-Fi step one: removal of buttons and adding pouches. I think his epaulettes will come off, then I'll add some tonal colour panels on his coat when I paint him, so not changing him massively.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Brilliant pulpy models! I’m myself bitten by a 15mm Fantasy bug right now, but pulp sci-fi is one of my favorites which I do want to try out one day. Dan Dare, Buck Rogers, Flash & Co.
Your models catch this theme very well (as usual, I should say...)!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Brilliant pulpy models! I’m myself bitten by a 15mm Fantasy bug right now, but pulp sci-fi is one of my favorites which I do want to try out one day. Dan Dare, Buck Rogers, Flash & Co.
Your models catch this theme very well (as usual, I should say...)!

Thanks mate - I’m aware I’m retreading quite a lot of my 15mm sci-Fi here but I’m findig working in 28mm very relaxing at the moment. A change is as good as a rest, and all that. I’m hoping that I can work some overlap between Pulp conversions, original Rogue Trader minis (that I’ve been slowly accumulating) and *eventually* my own sculpts. The release of Star Wars legion has prompted me too - not for the minis, but for the aftermarket Tatooine terrain that’s appearing. My favourite!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Some good stuff here  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks mate - I’m aware I’m retreading quite a lot of my 15mm sci-Fi here but I’m findig working in 28mm very relaxing at the moment. A change is as good as a rest, and all that. I’m hoping that I can work some overlap between Pulp conversions, original Rogue Trader minis (that I’ve been slowly accumulating) and *eventually* my own sculpts. The release of Star Wars legion has prompted me too - not for the minis, but for the aftermarket Tatooine terrain that’s appearing. My favourite!

I fully understand that. I do relax from time to time with some 28mm Oldhammer, and if I had more time, I would be right into Rogue Trader/Inq28/Necromunda...
Anyway enjoy painting „big“ minis for a while. It’s nice to see fingers, belt buckles and button holes for a while  lol lol :-*

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Great stuff, conversions and paintjobs both!

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
You are on fire! :-*

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Thanks both.

I managed to squeeze in time to prime the chap with the Lobot hat earlier, I always like priming conversions becaus they suddenly look a bit more ‘coherent’. Looking forward to getting some paint on him.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Jagannath's 28mm Sci-Fi Dablings - Drunken Pilot WIP 3/6/18
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »
Well, 45 mins between writing boring proposals gave me the chance to do this chap's skin and jersey.

Yes, I now realise he's channelling Kirk, which wasn't intentional, but I do like that mustard colour.

Decided to keep his bottle, like the idea of a drunken pilot. Between this WIP and finishing him he won't change much I don't think, will likely keep his pants very dark. What colour would they be in Star Wars - chocolate brown? Beige?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Jagannath's 28mm Pulp/Rogue Trader - Drunken Pilot WIP (3/6/18)
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »
He looks stunning! A great addition to your setting!

What kind of proposals did you write btw?

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2018, 11:32:37 PM »
He looks stunning! A great addition to your setting!

What kind of proposals did you write btw?

Thanks mate!

Oh nothing exciting - I'm the operations manager for a shop with a website and a couple of stores, I'm looking to make some big changes this year, so plenty of planning and developing solutions in my near future.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2018, 12:18:54 AM »
He looks great! The pulp conversions are inspired: they really ground the sci-fi elements in a convincing reality.

Excellent colours, too!

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2018, 01:32:16 AM »
That last guy looks fantastic! Love the yellow!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2018, 05:43:58 AM »
Thanks mate!

Oh nothing exciting - I'm the operations manager for a shop with a website and a couple of stores, I'm looking to make some big changes this year, so plenty of planning and developing solutions in my near future.

Okay, it doesn’t sound that bad, but then, instead of doing it, you could have painted up more minis!