Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:56:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689242
  • Total Topics: 118266
  • Online Today: 526
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Jagannath's 28mm Rogue Trader - Noverian Constabulary and Bounty Hunters 20/3/21  (Read 18012 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Some very nice figures there; I like the dusty backwater rough and ready (and mostly armed) civilians type stuff rather than the glitzy high-end military forces.
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 50  Figures Painted: 9
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
Oh those are lovely! Both the buildings in the background and the figures. (I'm humbled that you've used the masking tape and sponge technique!).

Your conversion of Solo is brilliant. All the little subtle tweaks add just the right amount of sci-fi toresult in a thoroughly convincing space rogue!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Amazing work, friend!

Love those characters and especially your short descriptions!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Others have already said it, and I can only agree with them: magnificent work, my friend, really spectacular little conversions!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Thanks everyone!

@Ghengis - exactly, dusty civilians is basically all I paint!

@Axiom - we’ll it worked so well on yours! I didn’t dare go as bold as your colourful house, but I’ve got 9 or so buildings with 3 different colours of stripes - I figure I can mix them all together, or for the small RPG type games I play I can represent a ‘district’ by only choosing buildings with the same colour  stripe maybe.

And thanks - it’s an uphill struggle with these historical miniature sometimes but the end result is often closer to my sci fi vision than most sci fi minis out there.

@ockman - thank you dude, I come up with the little stories afterwards, generally I like to keep my minis as sort of archetypes that I can pull out to represent a character, but not always.

@DivisMal - thanks very much, that’s kind! Plenty more on the way.

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
I can’t wait to see more!

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
Thanks matey! That's exactly what I'm going for - that spirit of Rogue Trader, which was really just an amalgam of all the other sci-fi out there. I want to add some power armour, but I imagine them being much closer to an occupying/policing force (like Stormtroopers in Star Wars) then super-gene soldiers. Just bored, well-equipped troopers on a nowhere planet.

Ah it's gorgeous, it's perfect, and then you put my buildings in the background and I'm so excited I just turn into that Vince Mcmahon meme!

Seriously, you are hitting it for six with this project, subbed!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Hahaha thanks both

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Jagannath's 28mm Pulp/Rogue Trader - Finished Fogou Buildings! 22/8/20
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2020, 01:20:19 PM »
I've been pretty busy recently boxing off some last few fantasy 15s before they head off to their new home, but I have managed to finish my wonderful Fogou desert buildings

I'm a big fan of the terrain you see in Fallout 2 and similar old isometric games, where with a bit of context and dressing they are reused as different things, so these got a very generic desert and rust finish. I wanted the rust to be very simple and not to draw too much attention but also very rusty - the lighting makes it a look a little flatter than it is in real life here.

Here a gunslinger takes on a belligerent drunk

Here Myra Halfhand and her hired help stand guard around the local synth-bakery

Ex-political officer (and local bore) Ewpeel Worsch scales a local home to shout motivation at a largely uninterested crowd

Out in the wastes a Degroon tribesman tends his sanctioned hydrostill.

Really pleased with these buildings (and the couple of 3D printed additions). I wanted everything as modular as possible, hence not based (unusual for me!) though I'm not a fan of playable interiors so I sealed the roofs and added some filler to secure. They're absolutely fantastic models, can't recommend enough.

Hats off to Axiom too, who I've clearly stolen the idea of adding a splash of colour from. Once I finish my market place I'll be stealing his 40Kthulhu idea too!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2020, 03:23:18 PM »
It has been a while since I landed here, it seems....
 ::)

Loving the new additions!
 :-*

The buildings look great, love the feel of the town.
 8) 8)

The various figures from different settings work really well too.
I often find myself doing the same kind of thing: Thinking 'I like that figure, how can I shoehorn it into my setting?'
 :D

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2020, 07:52:03 PM »
Great job Rory  :-*
I’ve got a couple of those Fogou adobe buildings. Really must get on with them  ::)

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2020, 07:09:17 AM »
I just love your Fogou buildings, they're brilliant! You've been a bit more restrained with your colours than I have, and the result looks great with the full table set up - the perfect backdrop for a shootout!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »
Thanks gents!

@Mason - I think you and I are on similar pages, I’m trying to capture a sort of old west in space vibe without it literally being cowboys with laser guns.

Great job Rory  :-*
I’ve got a couple of those Fogou adobe buildings. Really must get on with them  ::)

They’re really excellent to work on - I toyed with keeping them generic enough to be useable in historic/fantasy too, but I opted against it. Nothing stopping me adding another set!!

I just love your Fogou buildings, they're brilliant! You've been a bit more restrained with your colours than I have, and the result looks great with the full table set up - the perfect backdrop for a shootout!

I’ve used 3 colours so for small RPG games I can only use the same colours and maybe represent a ‘district’ or mix them as needed. I do love your colourful ones - maybe I should a add a couple extra one off colourful buildings too.

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2020, 11:45:51 AM »
What a town, what a place! Bet you can get a cold beer and not much else in this dump!

Gorgeous work, mind if I nick some of these for social media?

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2020, 11:57:57 AM »
Thanks dude - not convinced the beer’ll be that cold either.

So sorry, totally forgot I’d promised you pics - steam away and I’ll email you some higher res too, I case you need bigger than 1000px.