Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:30:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Globlin's Burrows & Badgers: Updated 21.01.17 Black Rat Warrior  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
Re: Globlin's Burrows & Badgers
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »
Lovely job on these, Globlin!  :-*
It always gives me a weird (but happy!) feeling seeing stuff I sculpted get paint on it... great stuff!

Now I just have to get around to painting the rest of mine too...  :(

Thanks Michael, I'm glad they meet with your approval! I'm aiming to get a good chunk of them painted before the latest KS is fulfilled. Hoping to do some terrain too, so I can get some B&B games in by Easter.

Lovely work again, you are making such a lovely job on these beautiful minis. :)

Thanks for the kind feedback! Just put a wash on another black rat and a shifty looking weasel (are all weasel's shifty? - discuss lol ), so should have some more pics to post later next week.
Adventures? Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 09:52:56 AM »
Thanks Michael, I'm glad they meet with your approval! I'm aiming to get a good chunk of them painted before the latest KS is fulfilled. Hoping to do some terrain too, so I can get some B&B games in by Easter.

Thanks for the kind feedback! Just put a wash on another black rat and a shifty looking weasel (are all weasel's shifty? - discuss lol ), so should have some more pics to post later next week.

Weasels are very shifty!! They just have that kind of look. :) Looking forward to seeing your next minis.

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
Here's the next one, a shifty weasel rogue from the first B&B Kickstarter campaign who goes by the name of Scumclaw Backstabber. I can't help but think if you call your child "Scumclaw", you're pretty much dooming him to a life of rascally behaviour....

Anyway here he is, ready to terrorise passing moles in the wild wood and to evict frivolous toads from their country mansions!

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 05:43:21 PM »
Great name and a lovely figure, so well painted!! :)

Online Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 06:43:40 PM »
Awesome!

As a huge fan of the Redwall books as a kid, these are really great to see.

I can't help but think if you call your child "Scumclaw", you're pretty much dooming him to a life of rascally behaviour....

Yeah, I always thought the rats, weasels, stoats and ferrets in the Redwall books never really had much of a chance in life considering what they parents chose to name them!!! Mangefur.... Skullface.... Wartclaw.... Whilst the mice had names like Martin and Methuselah!

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 08:23:51 PM »
Great name and a lovely figure, so well painted!! :)

Yeah, I always thought the rats, weasels, stoats and ferrets in the Redwall books never really had much of a chance in life considering what they parents chose to name them!!! Mangefur.... Skullface.... Wartclaw.... Whilst the mice had names like Martin and Methuselah!

Thanks both! I should say I can't claim credit for the rather splendid name, that's courtesy of Michael and Jo at Oathsworn Miniatures. I seem to remember reading that someone once asked Brian Jacques how come (apart from one or two rare exceptions) all the vermin characters were evil? His criptic reply was they weren't evil because they were vermin, but rather were vermin because they were evil.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:45 PM »
My long standing R.P.G. character, a Swashbuckling Rogue Gutter Elf was named Waxelwane the Weasel; SO I have a warm spot in my heart for weasels...even those that live up to the reputation for nasty dispositions. Your Weasel painted up as BEAUTIFULLY as your other FINE creations. He does look like he might have an attitude problem. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
Cracking job on that weasel, Globlin!  :-*

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »
Cracking job on that weasel, Globlin!  :-*

Cheers! I was worried he'd come out a little dark, but I guess it fits his role as a thief/rogue.

My long standing R.P.G. character, a Swashbuckling Rogue Gutter Elf was named Waxelwane the Weasel

Love it - he sounds likes a right scallywag! Have you ever made a mini of him?

I've finished another villain, Fleagor Blackpelt, black rat warrior. Apologies their not the best pictures. I'm in the process of jazzing up all of their bases with some grass tufts, so will have to post a better picture once their done.

Fleagor Blackpelt, wanted for brigandage, theft of cheese and the spreading of plague. Last seen boarding a run-away hay cart bound for a local abbey!