Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689609
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [kickstarter] HMAS Furious - project launched  (Read 6997 times)

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
Re: HMAS Furious - final pics added Jan 24
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
Hi Guys
I was asked to point out that The Virtual Armchair General (TVAG ) has a lot of suitable naval armaments & other VSF guns ..

http://www.thevirtualarmchairgeneral.com/
Cheers

Yup, he's pretty much the goto for hard VSF armaments.  I've ordered some of his guns before.  They are on the small side compared to many modern figures, but are great none the less.  I think they were sculpted before scale creep set in, more more of a 'true 28'.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 03:57:58 PM »
Yup, he's pretty much the goto for hard VSF armaments.  I've ordered some of his guns before.  They are on the small side compared to many modern figures, but are great none the less.  I think they were sculpted before scale creep set in, more more of a 'true 28'.

Why you young whippersnapper! I remember when twenty-eight was scale creep!  >:(

:D

Doug

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 06:22:56 AM »
Why you young whippersnapper! I remember when twenty-eight was scale creep!  >:(

:D

Doug

Heck, you remember '28 - wasn't that high school for you?
 ;D

Armchair General and Reviresco are my go-tos for guns.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2017, 02:01:33 AM »
First off a couple of requests...

As per requested a 'more VSF angular' fin for the Furious.

Which can also be turned over, but then you can't lay it flat on a table, you'll always need a stand...or... just don't glue it on so it's removable.

Also as per requested (and responsible for a good 10 day delay in the project getting to market) a sister ship to the original, may I present the HMAS Audacious.  After a few outings of the Furious, it was evident that the design was solid and very serviceable, the crew loved it.  Shortly after it left the shipyards a more efficient side by side boiler system was developed and rather than make a faster ship, more armor was added and now we have the Audacious.

I really hope you guy like the changes, but even more so I'd love to hear your honest opinions...

I don't normally do interior details but this spot seemed to cry out for something like this.

A few pics of the final, final Furious ready for the production line, all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.  Took a few tries at improving the stand and this is my best one of those yet too.

AND just for you Beast, here are a few photos of her with a yard stick...

That's all for now.  Time to get writing up a description and getting it out there. 

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
Re: HMAS Furious - variant added 1-11
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2017, 05:03:12 AM »
I love these big ships because they are big enough that you can play an entire scenario just running around on it!  ;)

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2017, 05:43:21 AM »
I love these big ships because they are big enough that you can play an entire scenario just running around on it!  ;)

Actually, I think you need two or three.  But this would be a good addition to my aeronefs. 

I like the original cabin versus the Audacious, personally.  I am still finishing up the other 'nef you sent me, now that I am not distracted by a Bolt Action WWW Cultist army that masquerades as either Italians, Partisans, or Romanians, depending on the day.

Geez, do I get this or keep trying to save up for a Zeppelin.....

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »
One would do, but a boarding action romp would ice the cake, nicely. Better to use something else as an opponent, mind you.

Naturally, YOU would need more than one.

Geez, do I get this or keep trying to save up for a Zeppelin.....

You HAVE to have the Zep. Buy it, then build the other for someone else, but use 'til they ask?  :D

Doug

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2017, 04:11:16 PM »
Just went live with the KS folks

Find the Kickstarter here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/211492152/airship-for-victorian-science-fiction-and-pulp-gam

Or

if you want to buy it with paypal, you can here http://crossoverminiatures.com/product/furious-class-airship/