Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lakhmid cavalry for Sassanid Army... Conversion and painting finished 31/05/2023  (Read 7075 times)

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Lovely brushwork. :-* :-* :-*

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
Very nice. I just wish Aventine had produced the small range they mentioned. From what I know of their release plan its disappeared!  I have a complete Aventine 6th century Byzantine army to paint so may follow your example in converting some Lakhmids.....plus they can be used as Ghassanids for my Sassanids! 

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Very nice. I just wish Aventine had produced the small range they mentioned. From what I know of their release plan its disappeared!  I have a complete Aventine 6th century Byzantine army to paint so may follow your example in converting some Lakhmids.....plus they can be used as Ghassanids for my Sassanids!

Probably a decision based on the viability of sales. That would be my guess anyway SJWi.

Offline chema1986

• Scientist

Thank you ! Yes, I awaited some pre islamic arabs for my late antiquity armies, but they never came! so I had to convert some.
Maybe you find useful my idea for Ghassanids...  using Angus Mc Bride's illustration of ghassanid troops, i bought a sprue of Perry plastic Mahdist ansar tribesmen, and will use late roman heads and cane shields or oval scutums, as well as a paper banner of Ghassanid "flag" I found somewhere.

Cheers!