Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:15:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Alternative rules  (Read 1121 times)

Offline kalimsshar

• Schoolboy
Alternative rules
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:21:11 PM »
Hoy everybody

I can't spend time on the hobby now (thanks to my two goblins). To deceive boredom I'm working on alternative rules for Frostgrave. To sum up:
Experience adjustment (close to the Studio Tomahawk work, group experience)
Soldier adjustment and skills to be obtain with the group experience
Racial adjustment (to be fluffier kipping the game balance, buildings and soldiers price adjustment)
Skills (any figure shall acquire it, Mordheim nostalgia)
Building and ressource improving.
In game adjustment maybe (specific rules for specific buildings, ground, weather...)

Anyone interest in skirmish game is welcome to criticise, give advise. I will share my ideas and read carefully yours. I don't want to revolutionize this good game, but give some things to add to your game. If I'm going too far in a way or an other, please tell me.

First, I have to list all the soldiers available. I have the rule book, but no more. Is someone can give me the full list with the supplement source. I know there are Captain, Mule, Javelineer, Crow master, who else.
Is someone can share with me there caracteristic, power and equipment?

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
Re: Alternative rules
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »
I would have thought sharing stat lines etc of henchmen would be, if not against the forum rules, a little on the "wrong" side, as it would be one less reason for people to buy the supplements.
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »
AGREED. we buy the products so they keep makin em.   :D 

Offline kalimsshar

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:36:45 PM »
You are right to keep it. But in a first time I need the full list of soldiers and the name of the supplement to find it. Anyone of you can provide it to me?

Offline kalimsshar

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 04:34:44 PM »
Double post to entertain you.
Two ideas: the "soldier" adjustment, the skills

Figure adjustement to represent the fact an apprentice is only an apprentice and a captain is a leader. As I don't have the captain caracteristic and so, I imagine it as a figure capable to customize his equipment and lead.
Wizard Skills: Leadership (3), Charismatic (3)
Apprentice Skills: Leadership (1), Charismatic (1)
Captain Skills: Leadership (2), Charismatic (2)

Here is the list of skills so far. I don't know yet how much it will cost to buy one level (TBD). I think group experience or money (pay the teacher) (TBD). Each skill wil have diferent cost, the same goes for each level (TBD). They are regroup by thematic. Depends on the race or the soldier some will be anavailable, cheaper. (TBD).

Skills:

Tactical
Leadership (x): The caracter may group activate soldiers within x feet from him.
Charismatic (x): The caracter may group activate up to x soldiers.
Fear (x): Enemies that target the caracter get -x to their Fight or Shoot rolls.
Fearless (x): The caracter modifie the ennemy Fear skill by -x. If the caracter can perform the group activation capacity, then soldiers in range benefit from his Fearless skill.
Ambush (x): The range of the forcing combat rule for the caracter is extend by x.
Insignifiant: The caracter cannot be shoot if he is not the closest and easiest eligible target.
Quick reaction (x): The party gain x to their initiative rolls.
Threatening build (x): No ennemy figure may pick a treasure within 1+x feet from the caracter

Movement
Jumper (x): The caracter can jump distance equal to his prior movement +x. So 1+x without any previous movement.
Leap (x): The caracter can jump up to 4+x feet.
Light landing (x): The caracter substract x while determining the falling height.
Fast carrier (x): The caracter gain x to his movement while holding a treasure. This bonus is applied after the initial movement is halved.
Climber (x): The caracter may climb at a cost of (2-x) inch for every inch of height.
Sure foot (x): The caracter may walk through rough ground at a cost of (2-x) inch for every inch of length.

Fighting
Far strike (x): The caracter can fight from ½x feet upt to 1,5 feet.
Bloodlust (x): After killing an ennemy in combat the caracter may move up to x feet in staight line to the closest ennemy in line of sight.
Nimble (x): After being damaged during a combat, the caracter may move x out of combat.
Till the end (x): The caracter gain x while fighting against multiple ennemies.
Charger (x): After a movement you enter “in combat” with an ennemy the caracter gain x to his Fight roll
Ready stance (x): After an ennemy enter “in combat” with him, the caracter gain x to his next Fight roll against that ennemy. This skill may not be use if the caracter is already “in combat” with an other ennemy. This skill may not be use if the caracter do a Fight roll against an other ennemy before using the benefit of this skill.
Co-fighter (x): The caracter give x+2 modifier while supporting.
Strongbull (x): The caracter may push x+1 feet his ennemy if he win a fight.
Dive attack (x): If at the end of a jump, the caracter fall on or within combat range of an enemy, then the caracter take eventualy his damage and the enemy take 1,5 the fell height +x in inch damage (even if it less than 3”).

Shoot
Guerilla (x): During his activation the caracter may move x feet, shoot, then move x feet.
Aim (x): if the caracter forfeit is madatory movement and just shoot this turn then his target get -x to his Fight roll.
Sharp shooter (x): The caracter gain x to determine the target when shooting into combat.
Short range shooter (x): The caracter gain x to Shoot roll when the target is within half the weapon range
Sniper (x): The caracter gain x to Shoot roll when the target is further than half the weapon range
Fast reaload (x): The caracter may shoot and reload a crossbow during one action, then the caracter get 3-x malus for his Shoot roll.

Mage slayer (x): The caracter gain x to his Fight or Shoot roll against an ennemy mage.
Diehard (x): The caracter takes x damage less when losing a Fight roll.