Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Brigade Games Austrians/Italians Teasers  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Brigade Games Austrians/Italians Teasers
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »
Hi Folks,

I've just seen some of the new upcoming Austrians an Italians and they are going to look really swell for collectors and gamers.

I'd like to commend Paul Hicks for some outstanding design work on some of these fine chappies.

Plynkes could start his own Padre club now with an Italian Priest on its way. Infact, I'd really like to start a WW1 nurses club. So Lon how about getting Paul to design some nurses for all countries that participated behind the front line assisting the wounded? You could even look at the doctors too.  If OG can do it so can Brigade Games!

Edit: Lon has given me permission to provide you with some teasers. Lon mentioned to me that he is unpacking them as we speak plus there is a pack of charging infantry for both sides.

Thanks Paul for the sculpts, Lon for the backing and to you all for your support to make these guys happen.

Helen

« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:02:02 AM by Helen Bachaus »
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Brigade Games UpComing New Releases
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
Austria-Hungary had Catholic chaplins, Field Rabbis and Imams! Better get cracking, Hicksy!

I already have my German Feldrabbiner, and I now have a British padre, too. I need more!
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:25:03 PM »
Just an additional note, I'll not be posting photos here unless I've Lon's permission to do so. It's just the way to acknowledge credit where it's due.

Of course you can acknowledge credit without getting permission, but I get your point.   :)  I hope you've asked and pictures will soon be posted.   Like at least one other reader, I'm reluctant to join yet another group.  And I'm sure Lon would agree that the more exposure his minis get, the better for Brigade Games.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:56:29 PM »
OG have some WW1 doctors and nurses but the variation is only in arm positions and headgear so not much joy there. WBDC have a "short arm inspection" pose with one of their figures.  ;) I got some Perry armed clergy from their Carlist range recently and the padres in there are nice and probably the clothing hadn't changed much.

Plynkes could start his own Padre club now with an Italian Priest on its way. Infact, I'd really like to start a WW1 nurses club. So Lon how about getting Paul to design some nurses for all countries that participated behind the front line assisting the wounded? You could even look at the doctors too.  If OG can do it so can Brigade Games!

Helen
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »
Hi Folks,

I'd like to commend Paul Hicks for some outstanding design work on some of these fine chappies.

Helen

I think we have more clubs here:
1.- I have one evangelist priest for my german Colonial Army (looks very much like von Lettow-Vorbeck, but that's another story.
I am trying to locate some useful mini to convert a greek orthodox priest
2.- I have started my own nurses club, again for german colonial army I have.
Next move is british (and similar) nurses to add to my VSF and WW1 armies!
argsilverson

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Brigade Games Austrians/Italians Teasers
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 12:03:25 AM »
Photo teasers available in the first thread!

Please enjoy!  8)

Helen

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 12:51:24 AM »
I love the mortars!  :-* :-* :-*

Why do you need a Priest when you've got such beautifull trench mortars!

finally someone has done them!  :D
Cheers,
Pedro

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 12:59:12 AM »

I love the mortars!  :-* :-* :-*
Why do you need a Priest when you've got such beautifull trench mortars!
finally someone has done them!  :D

Old Glory make mortar for their WWI range a long time ago… But they’re maybe not to today’s standards.  :?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 04:59:07 AM »
Amazing command pack.  Great work.