Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:59:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691058
  • Total Topics: 118368
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lau is DINOPROOF!  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Lau is DINOPROOF!
« on: January 15, 2017, 12:07:58 AM »
Hi guys!

After having played a couple of games of DINOPROOF i have decided to make a blog, to commit myslef to give some minatues and toys a much needed paint-up for the game.

DINOPROOF is a silly 80's-action-postapocalyptic game where you play actionstar realityshow contestants who kills dinosaurs for fame and money in a postapocalyptic world.

When i first heard about the game, and saw the concept art, i was in love. When the game even seems to work really well with a lot of players and had a campaign system, i bought it right away.

The game is availabe here: http://goodgamedesigns.co.uk/store/4591395972/dinoproof/10415729

I had a christmas-wargaming event with some friends, where I introduced them to DINOPROOF. After raiding my old toy dinos from my parents and buying some metal velociraptors i was ready for action, fame and glory!

In the game you first move your Dino Slayer (you only have one model) and then you control some dinosaurs who will hunt for food or the slayers. Its a nice mechanic, and even though we were 5 players it did not take to long.

Here are some pictures of some Dino Slayers i painted up, and some game pictures will follow soon!

The two first slayers are from Mantics Pathfinder line. Cool models, that fits really well into a sci-fi post-apo 80s action setting. Unfirtunately i lacked the time to give them a proper paint job, so they are kindda sloppy. The other players used imperial guardsmen, necromunda models or whatever they had, that fit into the setting.

I played the first guy - Richard Rockhard, Dino Slayer

This Dino Slayer is a gift from my friend (who is called bloodbeard in here). we had a christmas-miniature-gift-exchange-thingey. Its a cool model with an amazing base! The head is also a Mantic Pathfinder and the body is from Mantics Mars Attacks model line. The cool tree is made of drath(is that the right word? thin bendable metal thread) and plastic aquarium plants. It really looks amazing!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Re: Lau is DINOPROOF!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:21:55 AM »
Here are some snaps of the first 5 games we played! Guns blazing and dinosaurs roaring!

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »
Great looking board and minis. Looks like you're having a good game there...Plenty of dino mayhem! :)

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:31:25 AM »
WOW!  :-* Looks amazing! Glad you're enjoying the game. Fantastic Slayers too. They look like they mean business! It's so rewarding to see people enjoying our game.  :D

Would you mind if we use some of you pics and link people over to here from our social media sites?

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 08:03:04 PM »
What a cool concept.

This sounds very fun.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Great looking board and minis. Looks like you're having a good game there...Plenty of dino mayhem! :)

Thank you! It was indeed a very good time. Its af fun game, and very good for multiplayer events.

WOW!  :-* Looks amazing! Glad you're enjoying the game. Fantastic Slayers too. They look like they mean business! It's so rewarding to see people enjoying our game.  :D

Would you mind if we use some of you pics and link people over to here from our social media sites?

And thank you for making it! You are welcome to use my pictures and link to the blog, no problem :-)
The only price is, that you have to tell me what I should roll the Chu modifier against, when I have less than 5 health left on a slayer  :D

What a cool concept.

This sounds very fun.

It is indeed a cool concept! Stupid and fun, just the way I like it :-)
And its very fun to be able to use my old toys - next step is to give some of them a well deserved paintjob :-)

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 11:51:16 AM »
And thank you for making it! You are welcome to use my pictures and link to the blog, no problem :-)
The only price is, that you have to tell me what I should roll the Chu modifier against, when I have less than 5 health left on a slayer

Thank you. Awesome to see your project and hope to see more... The injury roll is roll a D8 and try to get a 5+ (adding your Chu modifier).

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »
Hi guys!

After having played a couple of games of DINOPROOF i have decided to make a blog, to commit myslef to give some minatues and toys a much needed paint-up for the game.

DINOPROOF is a silly 80's-action-postapocalyptic game where you play actionstar realityshow contestants who kills dinosaurs for fame and money in a postapocalyptic world.

When i first heard about the game, and saw the concept art, i was in love. When the game even seems to work really well with a lot of players and had a campaign system, i bought it right away.

The game is availabe here: http://goodgamedesigns.co.uk/store/4591395972/dinoproof/10415729

I had a christmas-wargaming event with some friends, where I introduced them to DINOPROOF. After raiding my old toy dinos from my parents and buying some metal velociraptors i was ready for action, fame and glory!

In the game you first move your Dino Slayer (you only have one model) and then you control some dinosaurs who will hunt for food or the slayers. Its a nice mechanic, and even though we were 5 players it did not take to long.

Here are some pictures of some Dino Slayers i painted up, and some game pictures will follow soon!

The two first slayers are from Mantics Pathfinder line. Cool models, that fits really well into a sci-fi post-apo 80s action setting. Unfirtunately i lacked the time to give them a proper paint job, so they are kindda sloppy. The other players used imperial guardsmen, necromunda models or whatever they had, that fit into the setting.

This looks very fun. I have bought the game but I haven't got round to playing it yet. How did you find it, what's the average game length and how did you find the multiplayer game? I would like to take it to a local club because of the prospect of so many people being able to play at the same time.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 08:44:49 PM »
Finally there is more!

Thanks for all the nice comments! And my models even got featured on GoodGameDesigns Facebook page. Quite an honor!

This looks very fun. I have bought the game but I haven't got round to playing it yet. How did you find it, what's the average game length and how did you find the multiplayer game? I would like to take it to a local club because of the prospect of so many people being able to play at the same time.

I did find the game very fun, quick and silly. It does take some time, mostly because you have to move a lot of dinosaurs, and go though the 3 dinosaur movement phases per player. This means that it takes some time until people remember the 3 phases and just do it. i guess there is a learning curve, but it is definetly not very steep. mostly about getting the hang of the simple rules. I think a 5 player game took about 1½ hour, but it would propably take a bit longer if we didnt die all the time  ;)

I have finally painted up 30 metal dinos! I especially love the raptors sculpt and paint scheme!

The small red dinos are compsognathuses. Yeah.. i cant pronounce that - so ill let my rifle do the talking - nice and easy prey! The raptors on the other hand are very dangerous compared to their size!

Offline GoodGameDesigns

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »
Great looking models Lau. That's a LOT of raptors! Hope you can take them out before they start to gang up on you.  :)

Offline Canis

• Schoolboy
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 05:53:36 AM »
Great Work!

Where are the Raptors and Compy's from?

Big fan of the game myself, have the book working on a few Dino's myself at the mo, only finished an Unobtainasaurus at the moment.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
Great Work!

Where are the Raptors and Compy's from?

Big fan of the game myself, have the book working on a few Dino's myself at the mo, only finished an Unobtainasaurus at the moment.

Thank you very much!

The dinos are all from 'The Honorable Lead Boiler Suit Company': http://www.hlbs.co.uk/

Offline The_Baron

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 02:37:53 AM »
Now that is a really cool idea... and I do have a bunch of Dinosaur toys somewhere...  ;)

My Blog: http://returntologansworld.blogspot.com.au/
Empire of the Dead, Strange Aeons, Old-School Fantasy and Rogue Trader, 15mm ATZ