Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Good Old Fashioned Fun with Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Good Old Fashioned Fun with Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower
« on: January 23, 2017, 05:01:20 AM »
We had a game of Warhammer Quest at the local store today.  It was just a load of fun.  People were laughing, there was some good humoured back stabbing, dice were piled on top of each other and monsters were vanquished and the Exalted Deathbringer was pretty picky on where it was that she was going to actually be bringing the death.

Here are some pictures of the action:

I don't do a lot of dungeon crawl games and mostly bought this for the figures for AoS but if a roomful of people who don't really know each other well and some who have only met just that day had as much fun as we did playing it, it has to be doing something right.

When we switched quests after the first quest was completed one guy that was there was offered a spot but declined.  He just wanted to watch.  But he ended up staying for most of the quest and seemed to be having as much of a good time as everyone else.  When two of the players had to leave because of a previous commitment, he jumped right in and finished up the quest.  Good times.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: Good Old Fashioned Fun with Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
Sounds good, nicely painted miniatures too. Still not haved played the game but I bought it just to get over the frustration that as a student I lacked the funds at the time for the original WHQ  :'(
GW is definately doin' something right, at the moment...
Leadhead

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 05:32:30 PM »
They certainly are.  Something like 95% of my hobby money is going to them right now, before summer of 2015 it was probably less than 10%. 

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 06:11:43 PM »
Looks pretty nice! I have enjoyed the game when i've played it and sadly haven't got round to doing much more than the first couple of missions.

never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/