Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 595
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: TMWWBK Sudan project!  (Read 4365 times)

Offline LordSpode1879

• Scientist
Re: TMWWBK Sudan project!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »
I for one cannot wait to find out!
Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men.

Offline Bitbag

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 04:56:24 PM »
Hi all!

Blimey, where has time gone?! :o

So, this project nor the thread are deceased, but things are progressing along at a steady rate, and gearing up for late May, where the fruits of the next few months will hopefully be on display at the Partizan Show, on the 21st, at Newark, Nottinghamshire. The RAWGamers are putting on a colonial skirmish game, so I just wanted to give people a heads up, and share how things are going!

http://haveacare.blogspot.co.uk/2017_01_01_archive.html#3693281047026250576

Many, MANY, thanks, too, to those who have commented on here, or dropped by - I've taken note of some of the kind feedback and ideas, so hope you like what you see!  ;)

Looks really good and the Perry Sudan plastics are great to build (and easy!). A couple of suggestions, if you are going to do Beja then you need to have more darker skin...look at some photos from a simple google search for Beja tribesman and you will see they are very dark in complexion, not all, but most. Stephen May started an article on this subject that you might find helpful...I just wish Stephen would finish it, as he is a very creative painter.

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/pages.php?page=painting-dark-african-skin

Also, if you are going to do late war Sudan with color jibbahs then you should know that the Beja often cut off their long hair by this time frame. Just some things to consider.

Keep up the good work.  ;)

Arkoudaki - many thanks for the advice - I've had a go at using darker skin tones, and I'm liking what I end up with. I'll probably not do all the Mahdists this way, but a significant number more than I would have done previously, so thank you!

Outstanding paint jobs!!!! Do you plan on putting that much work and detail into all your native forces?

Cheers,
JB

JBaumal - thanks for the kind words! Yes I do, and that probably explains the glacial painting rates!  ::) I have to admit, that having tried to paint in a 'simpler way' (ie. no eyes, or less tones etc), I just can't do it! It actually makes it harder for me, as I have to really 'think' about it, rather than 'just' painting the way I am used to. I do like to try and have a go at new techniques, so things may change in the future, but after 25 years of developing a 'style' (influenced by many others), I guess I'm sticking to what I know!  :)

Lovely stuff! Bring on more Mahdist's I say!

I for one cannot wait to find out!

Can't wait to see what your British troops look like.

Lord Spode, and Vodkafan - Thank you! Await no longer!

Just a couple of test pieces so far, but I like what I've been able to do with the Perry Plastics!

Finally, a piece of real estate! A hovels building painted up Adobe style - hope you like it!

Anyway, that's all for now, and I'll catch you all soon - a little over 100 days to go to Partizan, so I best get the brushes active again!

Cheers for all the kind words and feedback, once again.

Best wishes
Andy

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 05:25:10 PM »
Nicely done!  :-*
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 07:01:52 PM »
Super stuff. Very tidy painting  :-*